Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

He was loaned to Fiorentina with an option to buy. They declined so he reverted back to BvB but was never in Tuchel’s plans.

Professional bullshitter it seems and Pool fan to make it worse.

1 Like

Looks like he’s on the older side. Not exactly as inspiring as Mustafi would be but maybe Arsene believes there’s value in the Russian market.

He also wants to leave himself. I read he wanted to move closer to home because of his wife’s pregnancy. Last month or so there were rumours about one of the Dutch giants and Anderlecht/Club Brugge having some interest. Doesn’t seem like the player to be after tbh and another agent stirring things up (again).

Although I wouldn’t be suprised if we’d sign a 31-year old and somebody with his profile in order to protect Holding/Chambers/Gabriel.

His agents also been in London recently discussing with Watford, another Russian journalist is reporting that his agent spoke of Arsenals interest. I can’t see it happening but It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s one of a few targets like I said.

Sane signs for City for only 37mill. Seems good value to me if he’s as good as the hype.

Thomas Vermaelen ? Surely some mistake !

Sane has lots and lots of potential, will probably turn into a beast under Pep.

If they can move Nasri and Navas for a couple of million this summer they’d be making a decent squad upgrade for not a lot of money. I don’t think he’s going to be an immediate hit, but if given time it will be a very solid investment.

1 Like

Could be Depay mk2.

It did work and it changed the entire way that teams/GMs look at statistics, including advanced stats. Teams that exploited the market lack of understanding punched above their weight, including Oakland. Now almost all teams adopt very aggressive analytics approach. As Morris said though, it doesn’t work nearly as well in football as it does baseball.

A manager who I know, bought a world class player for the same fee…

Incredible if true, lose out on Pogba and sign Sissoko instead :joy:

Sissoko made Pogba look a noob in the Euros so can see him doing it again next season.

Jese to PSG done according to Bein Sports, L’Equipe and RMC. Only €25m and no buy back clause as they’re not allowed in France.

So Auba to Madrid it is then? Or is Jesé a more withdrawn player?

Breaking up the current midfield doesn’t make sense either though. Kroos, Casemiro and Modric seems to work very well. Buying a fourth option for the bench seems the most sensible thing to do for a change.

Will turn to be an Arsenal Ladies acquisition photoshoot.

2 Likes

It’s first team photo call day apparently.

1 Like