Other Clubs' Transfers

According to Dutch sources Monaco has put in a 50+ million bid for Dolberg. Probably meaning Mbappe is a goner…

1 Like

And Overmars has come out and said that they aren’t selling at any price.

“A goner”?

:henry2:

2 Likes

You’ve summed up being a Gooner quite nicely there.

10 Likes

I’d like to expand on that. I’m willing to wait 10 more years.

Why immediately the money though? Mbappe has reached the pinnacle of success at Monaco and it will not get any better there. At PSG he will play with Neymar and (genuinely) compete for the Champions League, win some League titles in process.

Don’t get me wrong I think every player who chose for Chelsea, City and PSG in the earlier stages of the takeovers went there for the money. But now if you want sustained success as a player it makes sense to go there.

1 Like

Yeh I wouldn’t be surprised if the Neymar transfer convinced him to join tbh. PSG have a fantastic team on paper and adding the likes of Neymar to it means they’ll be challenging on all fronts. 5+ years of that too compared to an already peak Ronaldo at RM may have made Kylian think otherwise.

I don’t know why. Ronaldo still has it. And even without him, RM have an impressive squad. Mbappe could go there, be mentored by his idol and then replace him as the star of Real Madrid. Not to mention it’s a more competitive and prestigious league. If you go to PSG, you’re basically just putting your eggs in the Champions League basket.

3 Likes

Isn’t the Champions League the end game anyway? And winning > competitive League.

I don’t know how much it plays a roll for him, but he is from Paris.

Of course. Aside from the money, that’s obviously why Neymar went to PSG - he wants to be the star, the guy who delivers PSG the CL. But still, a career at the best team in Spain/the best team in the world is more impressive than a career in France. Real Madrid is the dream! He’s young anyway - he’ll probably end up playing for both!

Wenger says a deal to sign Monaco's Thomas Lemar is "dead", effectively because they've sold too many players.

— James Olley (@JamesOlley) 24 augustus 2017

Hahahahahaha. They still might sell Mbappe…

We don’t want to meet their valuation of Lemar. That is a whole different story.

2 Likes

No plan B from Wenger then.

2 Likes

“We tried really, really hard this time”.

:wenger:

5 Likes

Ahah same speech, Always late to the party.

Typical Arsenal over the last 10 years. Try a cheeky offer about 20% under what the club want. Get’s rejected, Arsenal wait as they think they will reconsider. They don’t and then it’s too late. We are a laughing stock in the transfer market.

5 Likes

So Spuds will be getting an upgrade on Walker for under half of what he went for.

Smh

1 Like

Spurs outspending Arsenal whilst building their own stadium. Great.

2 Likes

Uhm Lacazette cost more than both of their signings combined.

1 Like

Sanchez was 40 million :wink:.

That’s including add ons though, right?