Other Clubs' Transfers

Yeah in terms of positions we just need a LW now, that would be the 4 positions I wanted addressed sorted. Although yeah the only one I’m sold on is the little South American.

We’ve signed players who wouldn’t start for the teams above us.

Happy that positions and new faces are in the squad. Also players being shipped out is another vital part for our transition.
Wenger was allowed to stay too long for this to be a quick fix.

4 Likes

Correct, that’s why It’s still been an underwhelming summer despite lots of Arsenal fans getting excited about it. But the harsh reality is whilst silent Stan remains these are the sorts of signings we can expect.

The players we’re signing arnt gonna elevate us into top4 so I’m kind of just hoping the current batch were just made to look a lot worse then they actually are.

3 Likes

We’ve spent over £50m already with no major outgoings, renewed several contracts and it’s not even the end of June yet

What has Mr Kroenke got to do with any of this? Focus your negative energy on Sven, Emery etc they’ve not been constrained at all

3 Likes

The Aubameyang signing in January was massive to be fair, it’s easy to forget how good a signing that was. Plus to be fair to the board I think our squad is better than what it showed under Wenger last year.

5 Likes

Aubameyang deserves to be compared with all the top 5 strikers at other clubs. It was the biggest signing in years at this club and in a new set up fans are allowed to be excited about this.

3 Likes

Well that’s the unknown part - I’m sure Wenger has said this squad is one of the best (or the best?) he’s ever had or words to that effect.

It might just be horrific mismanagement and terrible tactics that have made them look worse. Think there is an extra 10% - 20% that can be extracted from this lot which will take us closer to top 4 even if we hadn’t added anybody.

1 Like

If we hadn’t signed Auba in January but bagged him already this summer we’d all be going mental with excitement. I might be forcing positivity on myself here, but I’m choosing to group him with our summer signings. We’ve only seen him play in a shite side in mostly meaningless matches, his career with us truly begins this season under new management. It’s too soon for us to not be excited about the fact that this brilliant striker will now be wearing the red and white.

I don’t think it’s entirely reasonable to expect a £60m ish signing in every window and I’m happy to view him as our marquee signing for this season.

12 Likes

Yeah, not big names, but reliable.

That’s an exageration

Torreira might well start for any team above us
Sokratis would start at Liverpool and probably United
Lichsteiner isn’t obviously worse RB than most those teams have
Leno would start at Liverpool

The important thing is we’ve strengthened 3 positions. Although we don’t know how well our or other teams signings will be, only time will tell.

8 Likes

£47million :cech:

Torreira is a steal at price we’ll be paying.

Gonna be interesting to see how Jorginho, Fabinho, Fred and Torreria get on.

3 Likes

Lovren, Karius and Jones… Svens done it again.

You are the one who set the parameters for the discussion…

As ever in football discussion. Literal meaning < The point being made.

The point being made was bollox though

It’s quite ignorant to think that this current group is what they were last season.

1 Like

Well it’s definitely not ignorant to think that. Since before and immediately after signing Emery I didn’t think he was the man to bring the best out of our current bunch, most people on here have done a full circle on that opinion since then. I’m still pretty dubious tbh, so us signing players who I don’t see as being top 4 starting quality dosnt fill me with much hope at all.

1 Like