The Academy Awards (Oscars)

Nominations are out…

Seen a few this time. Toni Erdmann, A Man Named Ove, Hacksaw Ridge & The Lobster.

You’re back!!!

Nice to see that Sweden today isn’t represented by Jan Troell and Ingmar Bergman, but rather, Hannes Holm and A Man Named Ove :cry:

did you like the film?

1 Like

So so. Didn’t think it was Oscar worthy…And it won’t be. All the buzz is around Erdmann.

1 Like

The lobster is weird as fuck but absolutely brilliant.

1 Like

To be honest though, I actually haven’t seen it, so I wouldn’t call you out or anything if you did actually like the film. I’m just extremely skeptical of it for a number of reasons. Hannes Holm being ungrateful and complaining about never receiving enough credit for his “genius”, doesn’t help. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I haven’t seen any of these yet. Very much would like to see Toni Erdmann and Moonlight. Wil also make sure to watch Elle and Manchester By the Sea.

I’ll probably skip the rest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Na, by ‘so so’ I genuinely meant so so. It wasn’t great and it wasn’t awful. Kind of made me feel like it should be a TV film and not one nominated for an Oscar.

I’ve had Manchester By The Sea on my HDD for a couple days but not yet tried it.

1 Like

0 fucks given about any of it.

3 Likes

The only one I’ve seen on the Best Picture list is Arrival. That’s was average. And on Rotten Tomatoes it scores second highest. Doesn’t bode well. Like @giner I couldn’t care less about this. Except that I hope Mel Gibson wins, slips, and accidentally buggers himself with his Oscar, only to find out it was a mistake and he hadn’t won at all. That would be good.

1 Like

What a cock-up. :arteta:

1 Like

It was great! How did they let the acceptance speech go on for so long? Surely someone should have realised straight away!

Ryan Gosling found it hilarious. Any excuse to post a picture of him… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Seems massively contrived to me tbh.

** conspiracy alert **

Has this happened before? It’s so coincedental it’s happened when a ‘black’ movie wins after last years controversy.

Some people are so cynical :roll_eyes:

Emma Stone won the best actress Oscar while Isabelle Huppert was also in the race. :arteta:
That’s like giving Antoine Griezmann the Balon d’or over Lionel Messi.

1 Like

Anyone seen Fences or Lion? Recommended?

Extremely ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Or like giving Cristiano Ronaldo the Balon d’Or over Lionel Messi… :santi2:

That comparison might be a little harsh on Emma Stone, though, so I can see why you went with Griezmann. :wink:

The Shape of Water… 13 academy award nominations :scream: Guillermo del Toro strikes again.

Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri 9
Dunkirk has 8
Blade Runner 2049 5
Call me By Your Name 4

I really wanna see Three Billboards

Anyone seen it?

They forgot:

Best Madness:

Arsene Wenger and Sven Milesat

1 Like