UEFA Champions League

I’m sure football stadiums are not as enclosed as we think they are. Not for smaller animals.

2 Likes

Better than having a storm of pigeons shitting all over you, tbh.

I think Hazard pushes for a move this summer

1 Like

Can’t argue with that.

Although, I looked it up and the collective term for pigeons is ‘kit’ so I could argue with that part I suppose.

Barcelona didn’t even play that well yet won 3-0 lol, Giroud had a pretty horrendous game also.

So Barca, Madrid, Bayern, and Juve all through to the next round? Wow who’d a thunk it? What an exciting competition this is year in year year out. Never know who’s gonna win it! :xhaka:

3 Likes

It’s exactly the way UEFA want it but I’m with you. It ain’t fun.

3 Likes

Only interesting thing is to see is how far Pep and that 500m spent the last couple summers is gonna get them. Wish FFP had more teeth, only hope to ever make this an interesting competition again.

1 Like

It’s probably true. They aren’t very good. We beat City and Chelsea respectively in our KO comp, and finished 5th.

At least Tottenumb and Manure are out :mustafi:

3 Likes

Well you don’t really know who is going to win it, you mostly know who is going to be in the semis and quarter finals basically.

How is it different to any league or competition?

In Italy you know most years is going to be Juventus.
In Spain you know it’s going to be Madrid or Barca.
In France you know it’s PSG.
In England you know it’s United or Chelsea or City.
In Germany you know it’s Bayern.

Leicester or Montpellier win their domestic leagues as often as Porto wins the CL.
Monaco and Dortmund win their domestic leagues as often as Chelsea and Inter win the CL.

4 Likes

It’s really annoying when the teams who are clearly the best make it through to the final stages. UEFA should really do something about that.

4 Likes

Be funny if Roma and Sevilla got drawn against each other in the quarter finals.

My preference is Roma v Juventus. Someone was saying on BT Sport that it would be difficult for Juventus because of the intensity of a domestic two-header. I found that an interesting viewpoint, but thinking about it, it’s true – it could take a lot out of Juve and affect their Serie A form, which could be a way to bring Napoli back into the title race.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/974290737465618432

1 Like

We’d have to win the Europa league I believe to earn what United have from this seasons Champions League already.

2 Likes

Yes the teams who have bought and paid for their success. Well deserved if you ask me.

Fair point but surely you find it a little boring seeing the same matchups in the CL over and over again?

Real Madrid and Dortmund in the same groups, Arsenal V Bayern, Man City v Barcelona, Real Madrid v Atletico etc etc, Juve v Bayern.

The centralisation of elite football is very concerning to me, and part of why for me the CL just doesn’t have the same appeal anymore.

All to appease the biggest clubs (clubs like Man city who have done fuck all to influence the future of the CL, especially over the likes of Ajax btw) and the TV rights bosses.

Uefa should call their bluff when they talk shite about breakaway superleagues etc. and move to equalise revenues and increase access to the best clubs from so called lower leagues.

4 Likes

The best teams are the ones that spend the most money zzzzzzzz. Tbh it’s just as precious as the argument that Trump is such a great business man cuz he’s rich. Nah man he inherited that money, did nothing to get it himself, just maintained it. All these rich clubs got their money and are just doing what they should be doing, dominating poorer sides. Then you’ve got straight redneck mother fuckers that won the lottery like PSG and City.

For me, clubs like the Milan’s, Ajax, Celtic, Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Porto, Steaua Bucharest should always be made to feel welcome in the CL at least over the Man City’s and PSG’s that are a glorified middle Eastern PR campaign.

They are former winners ffs.

3 Likes