The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Nice to see Sturridge have an instant impact.

1 Like

Liverpool looked like their usual selves? not much more to say imo.

As expected, easy win for Liverpool. Even Sturridge scored lol!

3-0 Liverpool

https://cdnja.r.worldssl.net/mp4/76/76rM.mp4

4-0 Liverpool

Liverpool will get mid 80s points wise this season but sadly for them it won’t be enough to topple the shieks.

An easy start?

Manchester City's next six games are against the Premier League's last six promoted teams. pic.twitter.com/XJSQZUxhKo

— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) 13 augustus 2018

Lol. City are going to run with it from the start. This might just be another boring title race.

1 Like

If we aren’t in it. I don’t really give a fuck if there is a title race or not. I hope City keep winning them if we can’t as really they are a nothing club that no one cares if they win it (apart from Utd fans)

2 Likes

Nothing club. Lol. They are one of the biggest reasons of our demise together with Chelsea. I ‘hate’ them more than I would Spurs for that.

2 Likes

True tbh but if we blame them, then we start to blame sky, and eventually capitalism too :arteta:

‘One of the biggest’ :wink:. Not the only one. And haven’t we constantly finished behind Chelsea and City after they got their influx of money? That’s no coincedence…

2 Likes

Yeah Correct City and Chelsea’s financial power is a huge reason why we have become irrelevant in the last decade, in saying that I still prefer City winning over the other 4 clubs, though I really like this Liverpool team but I hate the fans.

2 Likes

This. Oil cunts.

1 Like

Have faith buddy, the bubble will burst soon enough.

These things have a way of working themselves out.

2 Likes

Based on what? The TV $ keeps increasing. Doesn’t seem to be a shortage of owners willing to plow big money into different clubs.

If the bubble pops, it will likely be smaller clubs that can’t keep up with the spending. The promotion/regulation function seems to take care of that.

1 Like

It’s actually decreasing now.

But I just believe in the balance of things tbh

TV revenue is going up for overseas $$$. Maybe the UK market is flat or down slightly, but the popularity stateside and in other countries doesn’t look to by subsiding anytime soon.

Balance maybe a good thing in nature, but it doesn’t apply to sports, imo.

1 Like

Cardiff and Newcastle play in less than an hour.

Cardiff aiming to finish as high as Vincent Tan’s trousers

3 Likes

I use to dislike him until he was proven right about Malky Mackay

2 Likes

All Cardiff atm.
Not a bad game overall, but lacks quality.

Kennedy should have got sent off just now.

How did the ref miss that?

1 Like