The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Told you winning the Title with around the 80 point mark was going to be a once off, but some people thought it was due to all the sides having money and the league being so competitive and all that :joy_cat:

Are we doing well though? After 17 games last season we had 36 points, if we donā€™t win our 17th game of this season tomorrow we will be below that. Of course Chelsea are being ridiculously good, and yeah itā€™s a hard ask to expect other teams to keep up with a winning run like that, but so far our results are no better than last season.

1 Like

Yeah Points wise we are about the same, I think offensively we are better ( hence winning certain games more easily). Still suspect defensively despite having a quality back 5 on paper though, with only 4 clean sheets in 16 games.

Oh definitely. I thought we were kinda boring to watch in a lot of games last season. To watch us this season it does look like weā€™ve improved quite a bit but the points tally doesnā€™t lie.

Regardless of that though, even if we did have a few more points, Chelsea look unstoppable anyway. Only a fool would bet against them now.

2 Likes

Well done Leicester. Fought back like true champions.

2 Likes

Cā€™mon WBA!
Yeah, 1-0 Ibrahimovic. Great start to the game, lol!

1 Like

That 10 point gap we had over United a week ago is currently down to just 4.

I thought this game would be pretty tight - Jonny Evans is a loss for WBA though.

You know that when the things can go bad for us they go really bad.
United are playing quite well, tbf.

Not sure being out of a title race by christmas is acceptable. That situation is the reality facing us if we dont win on sunday.

1 Like

All this talk of being out of the title race if we lose tomorrow is way too early. Letā€™s see where we are with 10 games to go

Expected better by WBA. United are controlling it quite well.

Glenn Hoddle thinks that Man United goal is the best team goal youā€™ll see all season.

Heā€™s right, provided you only watch Man United matchesā€¦

7 Likes

Boring second half now.
Ibra again. Game all but over.

Well itā€™s livened up a bit. Getting a bit heated, can see a red card coming - probably for Rojo, he seems desperate to have Christmas off.

1 Like

Not a penalty, imo. The ball hit Pogbaā€™s shoulder.
Well, at least i hope our lads will be fired up tomorrow. We canā€™t afford to slip anymore.

United arenā€™t as bad as most people on here think, they are really going to push us for that 4th and final CL spot.

FFS why do you think automatically going to be us struggling for 4th when the only team that looks convincing so far is Chelsea and there is still 2/3rds of the the fucking season to go. Yes we have dropped some points but we have only lost twice so far this entire season so far. I dont understand why everyone thinks that the season already is over and we are going to struggle for forth, anything can happen and usually does. I still donā€™t think we will win it but i think struggling for 4th is being a bit too much of a downer.

1 Like

Yeah, wish I hadnā€™t tweeted all those Man United jokes now :joy: But actually I think we might get a result tomorrow and Iā€™m hoping Everton will perform against Liverpool, so hopefully United will push one of those two out instead.

2 Likes

Im expecting us to have our annual struggle in Feb/ March, between Feb 5- March 8 we play Bayern x 2, Chelsea, Liverpool & Southampton away it will be slim pickings for us in that period.

Late result in the OA Awards

7 Likes