The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

They still have to go to Old Trafford, Anfield, our place, and Wembley to play Spurs.

There is no way Manchester City are going unbeaten all season

3 Likes

If anyone’s going to beat them it has to be us, at our fortress Emirates

At the moment City look like they are playing a different game to everyone else. But it’s November FFS. Still a long way to go. Only takes one off day or a superb performance from the opposition or even a couple of injuries. So much could happen between now and May.

3 Likes

Bournemouth down to 10 men.
Sterling is still shit though.

Lots to happen but they still went to Chelsea and bossed them. I’d hate it to happen because Invincibles is one of the only bits of history we cling on to lol, and City doing it would be a better achievement in a much stronger Premier League

Hazard again. 4-0.

We have quite a vast history. Lots of incredible moments. I hope you plan on watching 89.

Anyway, like I said, still a long way to go. I’ll get worried if they are still unbeaten in April.

1 Like

Coutinho kills the game off for Liverpool.
3-0 Bournemouth.

We have history but Invincibles is the pinnacle unique achievement. Anfield 89 obviously great, but City can counter that with the Aguero goal, I wish we could brag about European trophies like United and Chelsea

2 Likes

GG is right.

The unbeaten thing is really the only thing we can say back to Chelsea United or Liverpool fans when they play the CL card.

2 Likes

Wilson is back :giroud2:

4-0 Bournemouth.
So all the big teams have won so far.

That’s not quite the same thing though. Man City were not playing against Man United in that game.

I’m not saying the Invincibles is not a massive achievement. It’s just not the “only” achievement. It’s not the only thing we can talk about. When I chat to friends who support other teams, I have plenty of things to say about The Arsenal without having to always resort to “but we went unbeaten”.

2 Likes

Indeed its not the only thing. We’ve won the FA cup more than anyone. Only two clubs have been champions of England more than we have. Etc etc.

Its the only thing no one else can lay claim to which is perhaps more what GG meant.

2 Likes

Other than Preston… :laughing:

I think our unbeaten record will stand for a long time anyway. The PL is stronger now - though it may not seem like it at the moment with City seemingly running away with it.

Oh Josè! :smiley: 1-0 Newcastle! Great counter.

Nice slip Lindelof. LOL. You’ve always got a chance when he is at the back.

2 Likes

Almost 2-0!
Ibra looks bored on the bench.

The goal looks worse every time you see it. Lindelof has the defensive skills of a rake!

1 Like

Only Italy could make him look a WC cb :xhaka: