The search for a centre half

We were linked with Williams a number of windows back and I always thought he was a huge wasted opportunity. Purists will claim he isn’t technical enough but he’d certainly be more composed than Gabriel.

He also tried to kill RVP by banging a ball of his face from about half a foot away so there’s that.

1 Like

Heh. That was fun.

Perhaps on reflection of that quote, Ferguson decided it’s time to quit.

I can’t say I have not in his first season anyway but his performance vs Barca in 2014 was pretty decent to fair

You’re off your rocker if you think Gabriel’s better than Koulibaly.

Gab’s English shouldn’t be far behind his Spanish by now, so that’s not much of a help.

1 Like

I’m sceptical on Ashley Williams.

I’d maybe like to see us try for one of the following:
Mustafi from Valencia.
Rami from Sevilla.
Van Dijk from Southampton.
Manolas from Roma.

There is little difference in quality between Gabriel and Koulibaly.

I’d be suprised if a potential new CB is not going to be another Squillaci.

2 Likes

Before we signed Gabriel I watched a 3 minute compilation of his highlights from a game against barca where he had messi in his pocket all game,

Your saying maxi dosent know what he’s talking about and basing that off of a YouTube video

1 Like

Don’t just expect. Know that it is going to happen. Either that or we sign no one to cover it lol.

1 Like

We can only hope for Gabriel or Chambers to do a Monreal and get better with more playing time while Per is out.

Other than that this would be the ideal situation to look for Mertesacker’s replacement but we all know this won’t happen…

1 Like

Nah I’m basing that off what I seen of Koulibaly last season and what I seen of Gabriel over the past three seasons.

1 Like

He was offered to Milan earlier in the window, Valencia seem to be in need of cash.

Nah, I never saw him before last season. I saw enough of him last season to know that he’s a quality CB though, one game stood out particularly to me against Roma late in the season.

What’s up with Varane these days?
Is he getting minutes at Real?

We will never pay over 15 million for a defender imo.

€25m? He better be an Arsenal player soon if this is true.

Chelsea seem to be in on Koulibaly…which makes it all the more likely they buy Mustafi from under our noses and then we can’t figure out how to do business with Napoli for Koulibaly.

But in all seriousness, Mustafi appears to be a no brainer in terms of price, age and need. We could do a lot worse.

Lol, good one. This club won’t react unless the team stumbles out of the gate, then a signing day panic buy.

That’s why it irritates me, we’ll keep looking for the “right player” until it’s too late, and we’ll end up with a scrap, if we found one. We should be allowing other clubs to find their replacement. It happens over and over again! Transfer window for Arsenal fans is such a nightmare.:facepalm:

2 Likes

Mustafi and Manolas would be both good options.