Tottenham Vs Arsenal (PL)

There is probably only Jack left who understands the importance of the North London derby.

I remember in the good old days not too far back, RvP would also always take this derby seriously. He could be an annoyance to the scum.

Or remember when Adebayor took it too far celebrating his goal against us at the Arsenal stand.

Nowadays, they don’t have it instilled into them and it’s a shame.

Wasn’t that when he played for Man City?

4 Likes

Yes, it was.
He ran the length of the pitch to the Arsenal end of the ground to celebrate a goal he scored against us.
That has to be one of the stupidest acts a player has done.
In the same game he also stamped on RVP.

The manager has created a team of sterile yes-men.

Here’s to hoping we have a bit of character instilled in our team in the near future. I bet it will directly affect our results against the top 6 in a positive way.

5 Likes

Of course the players know what the derby means. This is just a crappy excuse that gets thrown about when the result goes against us.

3 Likes

Crazy .We always no1 . Don’t worry.
We have cool fans l sometime watch arsenal tv if signal good.
Many rappers like us .

I wouldn’t say many of theirs were particularly fired up either, it has become a far more sterile fixture on the pitch at least.

To be fair all teams are like that these days. Can’t really blame the players for it either. What does Elnenny from Egypt or Son from Korea, who are making good money no matter what care if North London is white or red? Can’t blame them for not getting into scuffles over that stuff.

It is the age of mercenaries. How many academy players (or players that have stayed long enough at the club to care about that kind of thing) play for their respective clubs these days?

It’s not an Arsenal only problem.

You think Suso from Spain cares as much about beating Inter as Paolo Maldini did? Or Sanchez from Chile will be as combative against Liverpool or Man City as Roy Keane was?

4 Likes

Spurs have lots of ‘academy’ players, and they weren’t ‘scuffling’ either. And you see the same in the Mersyside derby, or the Manchester derby. Even the Old Firm derby in Scotland isn’t the bruising encounter it used to be.

You have to go down a division or two to see this behaviour in football players.

2 Likes

Totally get that and agree. But there is still no excuse for not showing some sort of determination in derbies.

We rolled over yesterday, why? Our team is one of the most technical in the league. Our mentality sucks against big opposition most of the time. We have no character. We embody the manager on the pitch.

1 Like

You can’t beat it fella

Our performances are an extension of our manager, wishy washy , gutless with no winning determination or drive . . Losing is part of life but ffs show some guts and drive .

1 Like

Ah you’re right. I thought it was for the scum :ghost:

EMMAnuel_adebayor_1484117c

At least he hated us and showed it. True passion :heart_eyes:

I bet Lacazette would want to do the exact same if he were transfered. State of the fans is deplorable tbh.

3 Likes