Unai Emery

Luca you are proper obsessed with Arteta hah

Maybe he should go and support Rayo.

I just hate people hyping him up for nothing, especially the guy from Madrid i will never name again.

2 Likes

What was wrong with that?

He is a hipster.

Because he has shown nothing compared with Emery.

Emery

Arteta

5 Likes

I think they want someone with a bit more experience.

If he had never worn an Everton shirt, they wouldn’t give him a second look :grinning:

2 Likes

You are not Arsenal fan for only a few days, right??

We are always passive and reactive. If those dumb ass had vision and being aggressive, we could have landed Pep or Klopp or someone better.

1 Like

How is this a defence of the Emery hiring? This is obviously true, but even having said that we could’ve hired someone better than Emery. There were far better/more interesting candidates than him. The fact that we’ve settled on him only suggests cowardice, a lack of ideas, a lack of conviction, a lack of vision, and frankly a lack of a clue.

That’s the other very important part of this, it removes all doubt about the question if we are being run by incompetents or not. We are. And that’s very scary, and augurs very badly for our future.

I’d really like to see @JakeyBoy or anyone answer this. It’s really as simple as this, why must it be Unai Emery? Why Unai Emery at all? Fine, it’s all good and well if you think this is just a short-term band-aid–I’ve already explained why I think that logic is extremely flawed and yet to see anyone convince me why it isn’t with anything resembling an interesting argument, but that’s another matter–but why this particular band-aid?

Because the only satisfying answer I can come up with to that question is: "cowardice, a lack of ideas, a lack of conviction, a lack of vision, and frankly a lack of a clue. "

Apart from joke, he should start from the bottom before moving to a Premier League club, imo. The Championship would be a great test for him.

1 Like

For fucks sake ,
Why don’t you just simply fuck of with your negativity ! All you’ve done since Emerys name was mentioned was whinge and whine like some prepubescent girl .
Fucking grow a pair and support the new regime.
The Arsenal were winning trophies long before you were born , with managers with less credentials then Emery and they’ll continue to win trophies when you’ve changed clubs .
Now fucking shut up and get behind the new manager but more importantly The Arsenal

5 Likes

There is a lot of material out there describing his managerial style and I’m expecting him to be able to get more from this group than what Wenger could get from them, at a minimum.

This current squad has the ability to churn out a lot of home wins, but if he can get a little more structure and tactical awareness in place when we’re away from home, we will be a lot closer to top 4 than we were this season.

I’m expecting a better defensive unit - he should extract more from our defensive players who were stagnating like Bellerin, Chambers and Holding. I’m also expecting a player like Xhaka to not be so isolated and left to do a one man defensive job across the entire middle third of the pitch.

He may not be a revolutionary, or a particularly brilliant coach, but he should get more from this squad. His track record isn’t spectacular but it’s solid enough to warrant some optimism that we will be an all-round improved team next season.

There were so many flaws in the way we played in the last couple of years that a competent manager like Emery will identify and fix. That literally in itself will make us a more dangerous and difficult to beat team. He doesn’t have to be a tactical magician or genius to make some straightforward and sensible adjustments to how we set up.

I’m excited about the upcoming season and I haven’t felt able to say that in bloody years. And if he fucks up, then we go again with another manager. The worry is that we lose the prime years of Auba, Mhiki and Ozil, but we were going to lose that anyway with Wenger.

15 Likes

When you first appeared Cuellar, I remember you as being quite a decent poster…

Sadly, all I’ll remember you for now, is being a total dick…
Please feck off an support someone else…ANYONE else…

5 Likes

Dead right Ash
What a pathetic negative so called fan .

1 Like

Which is why the Wenger resignation announcement brought hope again, and why the Emery hiring has restored things to how they were before.

One of the great (and correct) complaints about Wenger in recent years is that our football has turned to shite. Which it has. Well, I don’t think people quite realise what they have coming to them.

Lads. Stop telling AC to fuck off. He’s entitled and committed to his strop.

5 Likes

And I’m entitled to my opinion and strop about AC…

3 Likes

We’ll have a collection and get him a seasons supply of Tampax .

4 Likes

Fine, but it’s rather fucking inane isn’t it? You really think he’s gonna leave the site after 6 years cos JohnnyH told him to?

can but hope :henry2:

1 Like