Unai Emery

Fair, but there’s nothing to suggest Arteta (That some wanted) is even capable of this.

1 Like

33 posts unread in 15 minutes!?! Really lads ffs lol.

Yeah that’s true.

1 Like

Football is a funny ol’game to quote the great Jimmy Greaves . Anything is possible.
We became very stale under Wengers tenure . It’s going to be a very exciting season .
I can’t wait for the fixtures to be announced.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/999044079701897216

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/999044604581285888

5 Likes

League standings were 5, 3, 3, 4, 2, 7

Personally I wouldn’t rate him as “top” manager.

Yes, they won the CL under him in 04-05, but as AC said… it could be one off…:slight_smile:

Fair play to Rafa’s CL though, rolled Juventus, Chelsea & AC Milan to win the tournament.

1 Like

Think the one off alluded to Chelsea tbh. Won 2 titles in spain and a UEFA cup thats pretty good going really.

https://twitter.com/LondonsRedFb/status/999018340420079616?s=20

7 Likes

Hey, you won’t “rolled past” Galatasaray, Anderlecht and Ludogorets Razgrad to win the Champions League, right??? There must be some real opponents throughout the tournament if you win it all :stuck_out_tongue:

J/K.

Give credit to Rafael…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/999067304066416640
https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/999067762076024832

:joy::joy::joy:

Like I said, the idea that Gazidis’ and co’s first hiring ever would be some kind of short-term thing was always nothing but pure fantasy.

Emery is their guy, and they will be extremely reluctant to let loose of him and admit that their first major decision in years was a failure. Emery is our new cross to bear, replacing Wenger in that role.

Bould to stay as the kit man?

I’m happy and optimistic about the Emery signing. The fact of the matter is we have quite a few players in their peak that just cannot be wasted under an inexperienced manager such as Arteta. We can’t afford to bide our time whilst he learns how to manager a club, let alone a big club chasing a CL position.

Furthermore, from a players point of view, I know who I’d perfer being appointed and seeing on the first day of training out of the two. Emery will come with credentials and will demand respect from the get go. I can’t honestly say Arteta would receive the same reception from the players.

This is a crucial period for our club and we can’t afford to fuck it up. We have have an under achieving squad and we need someone who is ready to get this team into shape.

I’m not expecting Emery to perform miracles straight away, our players have had it comfortable and some are in for a shock. It’s also going to take time to de-wengerise this team and get them playing a new way with different team shape drills etc in training, which will take months.

We wanted Wenger out and now we have to give our new manager the benefit of the doubt and some time to transform this under performing side into a much more competitive outfit.

20 Likes

Fucks sake

This can’t be a long term thing

2+1 makes perfect sense

But of course this stupid club with the bald twat will tie him down to a long contract and won’t be able to get rid of him if he fucks up (or if better managers become available).

Sounds like they got their yes man and they want to hold on to him.

1 Like

Oh yes, his extremely public failures at PSG (and the fact that aside, he is known as being/is a weak personality who doesn’t really relate that well to/inspire footballers) will have our players quaking in their books with respect!

Honestly feels like people are just making Emery into the person they want him to be in their heads, and ignoring who he actually is.

My context was in comparison to only Arteta. Which is a no brainer. Arteta wouldn’t have had the same impact, no way.

1 Like

Why not? If you are an intelligent, charismatic person you figure out how to relate to/motivate/get the best out of people. There is nothing that says you have to be a certain age or have to had a certain status in football to do so. And there are plenty of counter examples to say that at that age with little status you can. We can start with the most famous motivator of our time, Mourinho at Oporto.

Honestly I’m up for this and looking forward to next season though.

Think many people didn’t realise how far gone bad Wenger really got tactically and in terms of match preparation. Emery seems to be the opposite of that. Maybe there is something there that he can do bits with.

Every manager has a bad job somewhere in their career. Fergie got sacked off of St Mirren lol. Maybe that’s what it was in his PSG job, as I think if he was announced after his Sevilla time, many people and I who wouldn’t be excited would be very happy about this. Hopefully he has learnt from his PSG experience and uses that knoeledge here.

Just looking forward to see how we line up. Excited about this chat about quick transitions and counters.

6 Likes

I read…”likes to keep his two deep mids close to his back 4 and not let them play center forward” and just about praised Jesus that I don’t believe in.

2 Likes