Unai Emery

I don’t put much stock in to that situation. PSG reminds me of those first few years of the Man City sheikdom with Robinho, Adebayor, Tevez, Elano, Jo, etc…just a rich club that didn’t really know how to use their money yet.

1 Like

Careful what u wish for.

“Honestly feels like people are just making Emery into the person they want him to be in their heads, and ignoring who he actually is.”

Replace Emery with Arteta and we you’ve describe this crazy scenario where an actual novice should be managing a club of our stature.

6 Likes

Have you already bought your Atletico membership?

1 Like

They talk about 2 years. You don’t give long-term contracts these days.

1 Like

I don’t feel like it’s something I need to answer at all given that I’ve clearly said he wasn’t my preferred candidate, why do I need explain why it must be Emery when I didn’t want Emery? It makes no sense.

Someone else could get us do what I’ve said I’m hoping Emery would do, I’ve not said anything that suggests that I think he’s only man to do that job. Of course others could too, but he’s the man that’s been chosen and my point is simply that I’m not devastated about it.

It’s more likely that an outsider is having a right old laugh at your hysterical behaviour.

I feel like self awareness isn’t one of your strong points.

4 Likes

Instead Arteta was ok with a long-term contract, you sad Atletico fan?

Eh, I guess, but really nothing but closed-mindedness says that a candidate like Arteta couldn’t be Arsenal manager. And yes, I prefer an unknown over a known bad. The latter is cynicism in the extreme.

Fair enough I guess, still a bit sad if the best thing you can say about the people who run our club’s first major decision in years is that “I"m not devastated about it” and, paraphrasing, “I can’t really say why he should’ve been chosen over a number of other candidates.”

I agree. I think you’d find if you hadn’t been so wildly over the top over the past few days you’d have more people agreeing, because the above is entirely reasonable. A lot of us (basically all of us?) wanted more from this appointment.

But you seem to be enjoying the negative attention you’re getting so who am I to tell you to be more like the above and less like everything else you’ve been posting?

lol that post is totally in line with everything else I’ve said since the report of the hire. Show me where you think I’ve been ‘wildly over the top’ and I’ll show you a totally coherent/consistent view.

I’m not saying the sentiment doesn’t remain the same, I’m talking about the way of expressing it and to be honest how often.

I’m not going to go back through your posts, believe me, reading them once is more than enough for me. You only have to look at the reaction you’ve provoked to know that the way you are expressing yourself is over the top. SDGooner (and a few others) has expressed much the same sentiment as you but hasn’t attracted any heat for it, and it’s abundantly clear why. Though as noted, self awareness seemingly isn’t one of your strong points.

Indeed, because he hasn’t posted as much, hasn’t posted as much words, and hasn’t trolled.

Well, I’ve got enough to not make assertions about that of people I’ve never met based on a few posts on a football forum, something I can’t quite say for you :grimacing:

Are you not doing the exact same with Arteta? :eyes:

8 Likes

And there you have it. Trolling is inherently over the top, that’s the point of trolling. So you have your answer.

And I’m judging you as having little self awareness based on your actions. Obviously I don’t know you in real life, I’m talking about your behaviour on here and the stupid questions you’re asking and then two posts later answering yourself. And it isn’t a few posts, it’s thousands of posts over a lengthy period of years.

1 Like

The point of trolling is to take the piss out of people who aren’t really in a shape to be reasoned with.

lol what? That sounds more like you.

I’m thoroughly bored of you now. Have fun posting.

1 Like

As you have been accused of this several times in this thread, do you have the self-awareness to realize that you are a pretty bad troll?

Now good trolling would be if a mod changed your username to UnaiEmery. Just brainstorming here.

2 Likes

We’re going to improve to Wenger’s second to last season. ~75 points, possibly Europa League victory, but with a better structured team. But we are not going to improve past a point where we haven’t been during the past five years under Emery. Last season 63 point tally were an anamoly.

He also won La Liga twice with Valencia. Benitez definitely was a top manager

1 Like

You need to stop with the ridiculous narrative that getting 87 and 93 points back to back is in anyway a ‘failure’. Neither is going out to Real and Barce in the CL while beating the latter.

If it is your Bald Lord & Saviour must certainly be failure for getting dumped out of the CL by Liverpool and Monaco.

2 Likes