Unai Emery

6 Likes

Don’t listen to trollble. He came on and you could see his class. Can’t wait till him and afro are starting every game :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Spurs are fuck all . Poor bastards can get a stadium ready on time

You know they are gonna win thanks to a fluke goal, don’t you?

Would highly suggest watching MOTD. Very early in the season but it’s pretty evident what our achilles is with Emery. High pressure by the opposition. City did it to us and we couldn’t get the ball out of our half then Chelsea yesterday didn’t stop pressing in the 2nd half and we were bullied in the second. Can’'t attribute our crazy 15 mins to us but more to Chelsea being non existent with their pressing.
So far Unai seems like a one trick pony. Lost the game in chess twice. Needs to use the upcoming to study the PL better. If he is a hungry human being he will be twice the coach he is now by next year.

Same happened with pep the first season until he got them drilled it takes time, he has only just started working with the team. I think he is more than a 1 trick pony but when you are trying to instill a style of play on a team you keep on repeating until they are competent at it then add nuances afterwards. If they are not able to pull off his basic premises of playing he sure as fuck aint gonna add to it and cause confusion and complications when they are only starting to get to grips with the basics of a new style.

1 Like

My point is, he needs to add dimensions to the team. Pep’s team right now has many dimensions. So far, Unai lost both his battles tactically against Pep and Sarri(who is also new) especially in the second half. Thought we were gonna do something in the second against City but they killed us off. Same with Chelsea. He needs to make better decisions as the game goes on. One thing is clear for me, do not sleep on the upcoming 7 games(Palace away shouldn’t be considered easy). Top 4 is definitely out of the question right now. Maybe by some luck we challenge for the Europa League or any other domestic cup. The scariest of all right now is that I don’t think we’ll make it to Europe at all next season which will be terrible for our already cheap management.

It’s nice to see that you have given the bloke a fair and decent hearing, then shot him…After TWO feckin games…jeez…

3 Likes

Admit your just mad your man Wenger has finally left

Just to add to this. This is not pattern of Unai at Arsenal only. Look at PSG in the Champions League. Had the luck to watch him at Seville too but the demands and competition obviously weren’t the same.

Mad post. You really are underestimating how Wengerized this team have become. Any sane fan will give Unai the needed time to implement a proper structure to this team, which was NON existent under Wenger.

1 Like

I saw this too and noticed something similar. With the Morata goal we conceded we had all 10 outfield players in their half when the ball was played over the top. I can’t feel our upfield pressing is at a quality that should give our team the license to push so high.

Understand it’s a new tactic and we aren’t going to master it overnight. Not going to knock Unai for being stubborn and sticking to what he believes in. It’s very intriguing to see how we pan out.

1 Like

lets not even bother discuss this as a unai structure because it has been said time and time again unai couldnt instill anything to the team because they did their own thing and certain team members when he tried to lay down the law went straight to the owners and caused problems

Of course I’m mad about Arsene leaving but there wasn’t any other way. It’s obvious there was a big falling between Gazidis and Arsene, probably between the players too and of course the past 2 years the rift between the fans was massive. Management had a different vision than Arsene. They should have just ended their partnership in 2017 but they gave it another shot. Last season was the weirdest of them all. We had some unreal moments at the Emirates but some lows that are comparable to the 8-2 vs United.

Lol knew it. Was one of the best days of the year when he announced he was finally leaving

Of course I’m gonna give him time but it’s not like I’ve never seen Unai coach. He’s a mid table manager that overachieved with Seville. We are taking a big gamble with him but if you don’t gamble in this game you won’t shine.
Unfortunately, PL is becoming more and more competitive. Success now is decided in details. Trust me if I see good signs I’m not scared to share them. For example, the morale seems to be really high in the dressing room. Players seem really happy. That’s all on Unai and his crew for making the boys feel like a team again. Been a long time since it felt like they enjoy themselves.

If anything i am more mad at him staying, he shouldda done the honourable thing a few years back before we got so bad and left of his own accord and not sign a new deal. It is because of him we are in such a such a state.

1 Like

I really wish people would stop spouting this crap, no ‘midtable coach’ would win 3 european cups, it would just not happen. Look at what he did to liverpool, the liverpool that was slaughtering us i might add. He even let them take the lead and then shat on them from a great height.

2 Likes

There are numerous average coaches with European trophies. Not sure that’s a good argument to be honest.

That’s why I said he overachieved mate. It’s due to his nous that Seville did better than expected.
Wenger, Sir Alex and Mourinho are also overachievers. Nothing bad with it. It’s actually a compliment.