Unai Emery

Mate these figures were taken from when we were still getting CL money so it’ll be worse now. Liverpool and Chelsea weren’t in the CL that year so there revenue will have gone up.

We won’t ever get near to City because of their dodgy sponsorship

Yeah it probably brings us back on level with Chelsea and Pool then, but still significantly above Spurs… if we get back into CL, we are back above Chelsea and Pool… that lever is a big one since it means what? 15 million or so? I think the delta between round of 16 exit and Euro final is probably 10-12.

Liverpool made 70m, Spurs made 51m Euros, United 38m Euros. We made 40m Euros. So I suppose Europa isn’t too bad compared to R16

Yea Europa a lot better than before. We definitely made bank from no other English teams being in it past the group stages though so we got more of the TV money than we would have in a normal year. Won’t be the same figures this season unless we win it.

1 Like

FIFY :henry2:

1 Like

Carra and Nev are having a great debate on Emery right now on MNF :fire::fire:

Worth a watch if you can find it online

Just tuned in, commercial break :facepalm:

You missed it haha over now. It got very heated!

Brilliant viewing tbh. Carra thought Emery should slightly alter his philosophical to suit the players where Nev thinks it’s the other way about and the players should change to suit the managers philosophy.

The presenter even had to come in a few times to stop them arguing over each other haha

1 Like

What’s exactly the philosophy of Emery?

Come on now, it should be evident that he has a certain way of having his players play the football.

Sometime the word ‘philosophy’ can divert our minds into thinking a manager works in one or other segment like possession based football, defensive football.
With Emery, he perceives how 11 men on football pitch should align themselves to play the game.
You can see it in second goal we scored against Chelsea, defenders stretch by goalline to give the keeper options, and whole array of movements come into play.

I am not qualified enough to detail in all the nuances of his preferences but it’s evident.

Now whether these nuances/preference of play will come good is yet to be found out.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Good to see Neville put Alardyce in his place :joy:

6 Likes

Fair enough. Asked the question because I don’t think Emery is a manager with a distinctive style of himself.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was going to post. I very much enjoyed hearing that lol

1 Like

Considering Neville was an almighty penis as a player, he truly is a great pundit…Probably the best for me…

Yeah carras been chatting shite lately about Emery.

Carragher was spitting mad

2 Likes

Exactly lmao

Allardyce can’t say anything about how to manage top sides, his stock and trade is playing dull, rudimentary football and saving middle to bottom of the table sides from relegation. For him to scoff at playing out from the back as if only idiots would do it just shows how his head works and what level he’s at.

1 Like

Neville deserves a medal. He is absolutely right.

Whats the point of a manager if the players are gonna dictate how they play? The whole point is for the manager to get the team players playing his way. The players are disposable assets. If they aren’t doing it then fuck out.

Emery will get us playing like a top top side, I’m very confident of it.

10 Likes

There needs to be a balance. You can’t just come in and say “Listen, this is what we’ll do”. You analyze what you have and then decide what approach to go with.
If Unai wants to grow as a coach he needs to add more layers to his game, he just has to. Pep straight up predicted on Sky that Emery will go with 4231.
We’ll see how it goes. Good thing is that PL is by far the toughest league in the world and it’s getting tougher by the month. This league demands you to evolve, as a player and as a coach.