Unai Emery

I agree but players are more expensive than coaches, and that’s in quantity too.

We’ve got a great opportunity to pick up some serious momentum now - really hope we can do because I think we could be looking excellent by winter if so.

1 Like
13 Likes

I was watching this last night and fully agreed with Gary. Emery needs to stick to his guns and build his team around the system he wants to use, or he will get run over and it’ll be Wenger all over again.

We also need to give him 2-3 full seasons. Look how Klopp was first, we need to do the same thing and be patient. Wenger left a squad who was vastly unenthusiastic and lacklustre.

9 Likes
1 Like

I do like that they often butt heads.

I also like that sentence because they are both buttheads teehee

2 Likes

Since you have a United and a Pool, why not invite a Gunner and Chavs into this group?? It will be fun… disagreement all the time.

Gary alluded to many interesting things, The dressing room dynamic is what caught my attention.

The players are like children really tbh I wonder how much effort a manager has to put in to keep the guys onside

Find me a manager who can play out from the back against Klopp’s teams or against City.

Bayern would just knock it long against Dortmund. I even remember how Pep once used Javi Martinez in a Fellaini kind of #10 role. There’s no point in even trying to pass it around your own goal when that’s what they want.

I don’t think Allardyce said anything wrong.

2 Likes

Henry was pretty shit at that role. Hope Wenger joins them till he finds a job. Gotta love Wenger shutting them up on their nonsense at times. Arsene is an absolute gentleman but he can spit venom, and in the most classy way. :ok_hand:

2 Likes
1 Like

I was a big proponent of getting rid of Wenger, but this blame-game gets a little bit tiresome. It was a choice of the new regime not too have a much larger turnover in the squad and by that getting player sharper etc. (if that really is a problem in the first place).

1 Like

I’ve tried my luck with some Emery puns but this has to be the best one :grin:

1 Like

I liked your post and later I saw that clip of Neville.

While you are right, I have to side with Neville here. This club & players coming in need some confidence.
Each time we resort to safe option against stronger clubs, more we are affirming within the system that we are inferior and have to rely on safer means to get things done.

If we want to be a big club, we have to play like one.
Which would at times mean being cocky around the goal.

3 Likes

Mine was :goat:

Unai have to disagree mate.

Nah, I’m kidding. I had forgotten about yours, truly the best effort, kudos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty good this. Liam Rosenior’s punditry is a breath of fresh air honestly.

7 Likes

Very good, thanks @Calum

I didn’t read beyond the headline :joy:

1 Like

Serious question. If we happen to fail to win against West Ham, will people still be behind ‘the process’?