What was the last book you read?

Name says it all really. What was the last book you read? And what did you think of it?

The last book I read was the time travellers wife. Was a pretty good read. Sad ending though :disappointed:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been reading sherlock holmes stories. The Study in Scarlett. I love all the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, you canā€™t go wrong with any of them imo.

1 Like

A book about the Fourth Reich.

No mortal thing by Gerald Seymour. Best writer of thriller writing.
Read all his books. Being a journalist his research in detail rivals Forsyths IMO.
Uses factual background over muck and bullets that makes for more believable story.

Just checked Amazon. Itā€™s not even out in paperback until November in the UK. :disappointed: Sounds good though

Reread Blood Meridian. Can be such a chore to read through in parts but I canā€™t help but acknowledge itā€™s brilliance.

Iā€™m just about finished Road to Valour, the Gino Bartali biography. He was an italian cyclist and won the tour de france pre WWII. Really interesting story although the book itself isnt brilliantly written.

Once Iā€™m done im gonna read murder on the orient express. Have never read any Agatha Christie before so hopefully will enjoy it.

Being Mortal by Dr. Atul Gawande. A sensitive, insightful, and personal treatise by a palliative care doctor on what awaits us all.

So next time Olivier fucks up a sitter, Iā€™ll maybe view it as somewhat unimportant, relatively speaking.

I finished the first book in the A Song of Fire and Ice series, now Iā€™ve started A Clash of Kings. Iā€™ve really enjoyed them so far, gonna give it a break after his book and come back to them later on. I donā€™t want to binge read all of them.

Yeah you do. How can you stop now when Storm of Swords is next. Itā€™s the best one!

A. A. Dhand Streets Of Darkness. Decent quick read. Itā€™s a crime novel set in Bradford.

Anywone have watched the tv series?

1 Like

Re-reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

A true and actual genius of our timeā€¦

This book is the hardest, most mind-opening novel I have ever encountered; arguably the greatest novel of all time.

1 Like

Neurotribes by Steve Silberman

Animal Farm

Right now reading Fahrenheit 451 and the second book in the dark tower series

Finished the Dark Tower series by Stephen King recently, bloody excellent books. Fantastic ending too, one of the best I can remember.

Also for those interested, the first movie in the series is being released next year starring Idris Elba as Roland Deschain (awesome) and Matthew McConaughey as Walter (fucking awesome). Canā€™t wait for that.

1 Like

So geeked for this. I first read the books in high school (secondary?). Idris Elba as Roland is spot fucking on. So psyched!

Oh, Iā€™m currently reading Legacy of the Drowā€¦ itā€™s a Dungeons & Dragons thing. Yes, I like crap fantasy novels.

1 Like

@NeedCoffee The fourth book ā€œWizard and Glassā€ is so gut wrenchingly tragic. I was depressed for about two weeks after reading that one.

Fucking pains me to even remember itā€¦

Dude! Now I need to re-read them. Did you read the alternate ending?

The Dark Tower series is the best. And yes, Iā€™m fucked off that Idris Elba is playing Roland.