What was the last book you read?

I assume that you’re studying political economy or something similar? Unless you have a serious passion for political theory haha

I recognise (and have read) most of them books from when I was studying.

1 Like

Was reading the Girl who Played with Fire, the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The first book was pretty decent, the second utter shit. I threw it on the floor after 200 pages - for the third time - the main character stumbling on something vital to the plot simply by walking into a pub at random and seeing the important bit. The author also seems to have forgotten how to write. Totally overrated book.

2 Likes

Just finished Huxley’s Brave New World. I can’t believe I haven’t read it until now to be honest.

Feeling a bit depressed right before I go to bed now lol

3 Likes

Getting back into reading by starting with the Witcher book series

1 Like

Gonna decide on a whim when I wake up which of these two I’ll start reading on my way to work tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m almost finished the illustrated history of football by David Squires. It’s a really clever and funny look at some of the most important moments in the history of the game through words and illustrations. Highly recommend.

That’s a good one. Try Fahrenheit 451 if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Seven Deadly Sins by David Walsh
A written documentary about one mans pursuit of Lance Armstrong’s drug cheating in cycling.
Very good read .

1 Like

V for Vendetta

I’m only on the second page and it’s already a bit too much like the real world :flushed:

3 Likes

You need to spend your money on something more useful, like a duvet:)

Not a fan of the authors of these books? Confused?

After making the bed I like to leave a corner slightly turned over, which is what you are witnessing here.

Also both books were gifts :slightly_smiling_face:

Brick Lane.
Id always wanted to read this since id seen an interview with the author Monica Ali. Set in a Bangladesh community in London and tells of an arranged marriage.
A lot of characters appear and change as the story evolves throughout. Thought everyone of them was very individual and added something to the story line. Got a hell of a lot out of something im basically ignorant of and going to make sure I watch the film.

A Season of Migration to The North by Tayib Saleh

1 Like

First two books of the Han Solo trilogy, Paradise Snare and Hutt Gambit. Fml I’m such a nerd.

1 Like

:crying_cat_face:

Don’t suppose anyone is reading the new Kevin J Anderson saga? Read the last one (Saga of the Seven Suns) and thought it was great so thinking about reading his new one.

1 Like

Hard Times by Charles Dickens

2 Likes

Fucking neckbeard bruh.

:grin:

Currently reading Slaughterhouse 5. Weird.

1 Like