Where are you going on holiday?

I am envious :xhaka: :hipster:. Nice one mate though!

1 Like

Going to New Brunswick.

Las Vegas in September and a day in San Fran :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

:grin: :ok_hand:t2:

8 Likes

Just come back from :switzerland: , amazing country. One of the best countries in Europe hands down, just those prices :grimacing:

1 Like

Out of interest, why do you think this? I do like Switzerland, Iā€™ve probably been at least 30 times, in fact Iā€™ve literally lost count. But thereā€™s something I find a little bit sanitary about it, dare I say slightly soulless.

I feel like it lacks the character of Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Britain for example, all of which I prefer as countries. I suppose it depends on what your criteria for best is.

Neutral fucks

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been to the Bernese Alps and iā€™m into hiking / amazing diverse scenery, so itā€™s up there with the best for that. If youā€™ve been to Switzerland 30 times :open_mouth:, I guess you canā€™t disagree, or else youā€™re loaded, or have amazing parents :smile: Iā€™m jealous! My most visited country is Germany and thatā€™s probably only about 10 or so

I know where Iā€™d go in Switzerland given the chance. The revolving restaurant of Piz Gloria on top of a mountain that featured prominently in On Her Majestyā€™s Secret Service. :wenger:

It appeared in the film On Her Majestyā€™s Secret Service as the headquarters of James Bondā€™s nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

1 Like

Boring I know, but me and a gang of lads from the Isle of Man are off to Chester races this weekend. Anyone got any tips? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seville again in august! Vamos!

I worked there for three years in Rethymnon and went back a few times after as well.
Great place and I met some really nice people, who i still keep in touch with.
I did do a training course in Malia and wouldnā€™t rush back there, Itā€™s full of Pubs serving English breakfast all day and lunatics drinking and fighting, but the rest of the island is brilliant, especially the South, which is often a lot quieter.

2 Likes

character :question:

Ahh yes I probably didnā€™t give enough consideration to the countryside/mountains etc. It really does have some outstanding levels of natural beauty. I was probably thinking more of the cities, my most visited spot is Geneva. Which is very clean and pretty nice looking, but has very little vibe to it.

Haha Iā€™m not loaded at all. Iā€™ve been so many times because my uncle and his family have lived out there for my whole life (he works at CERN on the large hadron collider), I used to go every year for our summer holidays and most years for Christmas too, so thatā€™s why at the age of 27 Iā€™ve been there so many times.

Glad you had a great holiday :slight_smile:

I lived there for 4 years and felt exactly the same way. Our neighbours were like policemen, everything was so sterile and clinical.

Theyā€™re surprisingly xenophobic as well.

Anyway hereā€™s a snap from when I was on the amalfi coast.

Ironically Iā€™m going to Lucerne with my girlfriend and her parents in a couple of weeks, which I am quite looking forward to. Itā€™s a beautiful country but Iā€™d never live there again.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Pizza boy! :wink:

1 Like

You seemed to have lived everywhere @Cristo ! Certainly well travelled :grin:

1 Like

Haha yeah dadā€™s job moved us round loads so Iā€™ve seen my fair share :grin:

Currently sunning myself in Tenerife. Been here 5 days, another 6 to go :sunglasses:

5 Likes