Who will win the Premier League 2016/17 season?

To want Arsenal winning the league is one thing, to have the real ability and chance to do so are another.
Sorry, I don’t think Arsenal is going to win it. Wenger, please prove me wrong. One Xhaka is not enough.

I dunno tbh. The league could be anyone’s this season.

Anyone but us??? :wenger:

Or spurs

1 Like

Youre right Mou does like a trophy, but he is doing what he does at every club he starts at; basically makes sure he has two fairly strong XI’s by splashing the cash.

Seriously? Why’d you think that? Based on managers and going off the quality of the squads they will end up with, not have already, it’s almost a certainty to be one of the Manchester teams I would say. Conte is still too much of a question mark imo.

I think Conte is a bit of a dark horse with all eyes on Manchester, if Leicester keep their team they may present a decent title challenge. I just think it may be open while everyone finds their feet, I wouldn’t like to say with confidence who I think will win or if anyone will run away with it.

I really don’t think there is a clear favorite.

City might have the best chance but this is a massive challenge for Guardiola. Particularly with Gundogan injured (given that he will be a central player for them as the pivot midfielder), I think it will take a while before the club fully adapts his ideas and style of play. I would not be surprised if they dropped quite a few points in the fall.

United will be much improved, even moreso if they land Pogba, but they are building on a mediocre foundation from last year. The table flattered them greatly as any other statistic - goal differential, expected goals, etc - showed them way off the pace of City, Arsenal, and Spurs.

I honestly think five different clubs have legitimate shots at the title (City, United, Arsenal if we buy a decent striker, Chelsea, Spurs) and that no one club has more than about a 30% chance of winning it right now. Whichever of those five clubs keeps their key players the healthiest will be the favorite IMO. Which doesn’t bode well for us, but…

1 Like

Too early to answer that question. But may be for me, Chelsea and Man Utd are favourites, Pep will be surprised from the number of teams having a go at him, I don’t think he’s used to that, and his defense is so vulnerable. It would take him sometime to get his shit together in my opinion.

We can compete with 2 or 3 top signings. Until then it would be another Deja Vu!

You should have learned from last season my friend. According to you City was going to win the league on 85+ points :wink:

And btw Spurs have a 0% chance of winning the league. It’s City, Chelsea, United, is and the longshot of lolpool.

If Man U get Pogba they will have had the best window.
They have Mourinho as manager and then have got Ibrahimovich, Mkhitayran, Bailly and possibly Pogba.
They also don’t have the distraction of CL football.

The only other team I can see challenging for the title is Man City.

As for the rest, I don’t see Liverpool, Chelsea, spurs or us winning it.
In fact, there is just as much chance of any of those clubs being outside the top four, than winning it.

Last season was an exemption. Plus City had a good first 10 games of the season. Anyway, there is good reason to assume last season was an anomaly and the ‘natural’ order is going to be restored this coming season.

1 Like

Im on United if they land Pogba, that would be 3 top quality signings in the positions they desperately needed + they have a quality manager now.

All of the top teams have problems, even with new signings:

City - they’ve bought more forwards, but their problem was defense and midfield. Gundogan won’t be fit until October and will take time to peak and adapt.

United - they were poor last year. Pogba is good for flair moments but won’t dominant and control a midfield. Ibrah is slow. Mikhitaryan is a top top signing. Many question marks but they’ll obviously be stronger…but we say that every year since Moyes…

Chelsea - still have the hangover of an ageing squad. They’re signings look good but not great.

Us - still no top striker and only 1 top forward in our front 3. Aside from that we’re pretty strong. If we get a top forward we suddenly look bang in the equation

Liverpool - they’ll be Liverpool again.

Leicester - won’t repeat the flash in the pan and have lost 1 of their best players

So I went for City but there’s no given, top 4 has to be us, 2 Mancs and Abrahimovic FC

2 Likes

If you can’t put it together in a year like last year and there is still some sort of collapse when the title is delivered to us on a silver platter, it’s not going to happen under this manager. Even if we sign a top forward.

3 Likes

We would have won last year with a top striker though, it’s the key weakness we have. We would have won if Cazorla and Coquelin didn’t miss half the season and now we have Xhaka instead of Flamini. There are positives to take into next year especially if we further strengthen.

Last year we should have won without a top striker and the team we had. That’s the issue here. Even with how bad Chelsea, United and City were, there was still some sort of mental block which stopped us of taking advantage of the situation. This goes further than just (a lack of) players.

3 Likes

Unpredictable. Signing 4-5 good players in one window and a new manager takes time to gel it doesn’t matter who they are. Last season showed that anything can come together. With City there is a lot of work for the new manager to do too. Conte the same. Leicester have lost their midfield general but it remains to be seen how they play and how they are played against.

The only thing we can be reasonably sure of is that Wenger will make the same mistakes as ever and fail again.

[quote=“arsenescoatmaker, post:37, topic:59”]
We would have won last year with a top striker though, it’s the key weakness we have. We would have won if Cazorla and Coquelin didn’t miss half the season and now we have Xhaka instead of Flamini. There are positives to take into next year especially if we further strengthen.
[/quote]If we had a striker and CB last season, we might have had a chance, but only because Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea had massive problems.

All of them have bought in top managers, and all have invested heavily in top quality players, while we are almost the same, with a stale team, with hardly anything to give us a lift.

Tipped City just because of Guardiola but I really have no clue. They still have weaknesses that won’t be addressed in just one transfer window and maybe they will drop a lot of points in the first month or two of the season which could end up being pivotal.

I think Liverpool will surprise quite a few, not to win the league but I can see them making big strides and perhaps finishing 3rd or 4th.

1 Like