Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Please please please please please be TT.

1 Like

Vieira is one of the favourites going by the bookies odds, never even considered his name before looking at that list on oddschecker

Oh my god, does this put Tuchel back in the race???

Surely not?!

Think it’ll be Löw or Allegri

It’ll be Ancelotti imo. :neutral_face:

Simeone would my no 1 choice but considering that won’t happen I’m hoping for Tuchel or Jardim.

Man I hope not I really, really do.

Whoever he is, I hope he raises ticket prices.

2 Likes

If it’s Ancelotti or Löw, I want a reset button

man, I just never bothered getting into this discussion as it was too hypothetical until now, but now that it isn’t anymore - there is a massive musical chairs incoming with managers this summer (and Emery is probably going to be the one left without a chair lol), I hope we end up with a good catch. The board often works the long game so hopefully they have planned this for a while and we have our guy.

On topic - since I never thought much about it so just on first glance a few names going through my head, Jardim seems suitable? Nuno seems to like it where he is, Simeone is not going anywere I think, nor do we suit him at all, Montella seems uninterested, Allegri should want a club in a better state, Luis Enrique doesn’t seem that crazy? I struggle judging the young Germans, (Schmidt, Tuchel, Nagelsmann) but we’ve got the German connection now so I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re trying to snatch one of them, mentions of Howe and Garde makes me uneasy, I don’t know anything about Tedesco, I’d like Löw to take another club team first, but if we get him, as far as his coaching style I always liked him. Carlo suits teams that have quality and just needs to gel and I can’t see him coming here, he works better with super teams (Juve - Milan - Chelsea - PSG - Real - Bayern - this work in progress?) although I respect him as a manager… I probably missed a few.

Anyway, I think we as a club are looking for another long term manager who can stay for a decade, plays attractive attacking football and doesn’t mind working with restricted means, rather than taking some one-season wonder-maker. If so, I agree with them. Who suits that picture the best? Jardim?

Vieira/Henry is my dream team :slight_smile:

Think we may find out sooner rather than later

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/987261983954227200

1 Like

No chance.

This is Wenger’s time now. They’ll wait at least 2-3 weeks.

The club and Arsene wouldn’t have made this decision without already knowing who was going to replace him. There’s little chance this will go on for weeks.

TUCHEL PLS

3 Likes

Why are you worried? His record speaks for himself.

Patrick Vieira getting heavy mentions now.

BeinSports saying Wenger recommended him… The board is split.

1 Like

Please god no!

I think the board must already know who it’s going to be and that’s why they announced Wenger is leaving before the end of the season.

I’d go for Ancelotti, not because I think he is the best, but he would be able to walk in and be a steadying influence for a season or so, although there have been some rumours about Vieira, which I hope aren’t true.

Vieira is favourite with the bookies as well.

https://twitter.com/cmularrr/status/987255108718211073

Hmm maybe it is somebody good after all

Also:

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/987283217865756672

1 Like