Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Just looked at the results from the poll at the top of the thread from December 2016. Simeone is leading, followed by “other” :grin: Tuchel only received three votes. Not even @Electrifying voted for him! :wink:

I’m sure the results of the poll would be different now.

Tbf I’d still be interested to see how Sampaoli would do here, but from what people have said his Argentina reign has not been good.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/987289531647971328

Tuchel would bring a style of play that I’d like to see. Rodgers would give us pressing and attacking football but be an utter bellend.

Vieira would be interesting but a complete and utter unknown

I don’t fancy Ancelotti at all.

Would absolutely love Tuchel.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CapableOfFlight/status/987302009337532416

Loooool

17 Likes

Has Tuchel actually achieved anything?

All I know is that he came second once and has pretty much fallen out with every board he’s worked under.

It will be interesting to see, whoever the new manager is, if they as careful with their transfer spending as Wenger was.

We will find out whether the board or Wenger, or both, were responsible for our under whelming transfer windows.

He took a Mainz team that had just been promoted into the Bundesliga and twice qualified for the Europa.

He then moved to BvB, successfully brought through and improved a ton of young talented players (Weigl, Castro, Dembele, Pulisic, Guerreiro) at the same time, all while finishing on 78 points his first season (I think the highest point total ever for a 2nd place team in the Bundesliga) and losing the DFB-Pokal on penalties then winning the DFB-Pokal and making the UCL quarters the next year despite the board gutting the spine of his team by letting go of Mkhi, Hummels, and Gundogan.

He hasn’t won the big trophies but he has exceeded expectations everywhere and, frankly, done extremely well given the circumstances all while playing attractive football and providing a very good platform for younger players. His first BvB team was just as good as Klopp’s title winning teams, they just faced a much tougher Bayern.

4 Likes

STOP SHOUTING FFS…YES I KNOW I AM A HYPOCRITE!

Not sure how I’d feel about Luis Enrique. On the face of it he seems like a decent option

Balague’s thoughts

i would like Allegri tbh, look at how tactically adept he is, drills his teams well seems to be a good manager.

Guardiola and give him £500m please.

Luis Enrique isn’t what we need

1 Like

Wenger to PSG, Tuchel to Arsenal :eyes:

In all seriousness though we should absolutely be going all out for Simeone.

I can’t for the life of me imagine that we’ve announced this without having someone already as good as signed up it’s just a case of finding out who.

DO THE RIGHT THING ARSENAL

WOW IT FEELS GREAT POSTING IN CAPS

5 Likes

He is reliable. That’s enough for me.

Overrated. The MSN won the treble for him.

WHY ARE WE YELLING

1 Like

BECAUSE THIS IS HISTORY IN THE MAKING !!