Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

He’s your ex for a reason!

As we say in Denmark regarding fireworks, you never go back to a dud!

3 Likes

I’m basically picturing Gazza.

And what a handsome man he was and is.

He’s no Kevin Keegan!

2 Likes

A big NO to Luis Enrique . Enrique inherited a squad , a team with arguably the best player in the World . That took some managing.
Simeone or Tuchel for me .

3 Likes

I think Enrique would be a terrible appointment.

4 Likes

Whats Enrique done wrong apart from get smashed by Juve?

I look at what he did at Roma and Celta Vigo, and I’m just not impressed.

All the hype surrounding him was because of his time at Barcelona, when he inherited a very good squad.

3 Likes

While at Roma and Celta Vigo he inhereted very poor squads.

Win the treble? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Enrique could be very well the next Rijkaard. One good/excellent job at Barcelona, but when he has another job he’ll fail/meet the lowest expectations.

Which he will inherit here :slight_smile:

Our squad is much better than Roma or Celta’s at the time he was hired. We also have a lot more resources.

We may have more resources, but our squads are very comparable, especially with Roma.

There was plenty at Barca that was baffling and wrong but was ultimately glossed over by Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

He’d be severely found out here IMO.

3 Likes

This simply isn’t true.

Then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

1 Like

You know what, I’m just going to enjoy the ride.

I’ll can see plus and minus points from any of the candidates but I’d find reasons to be happy with them all.

It would be harder with Enrique/Rodgers but there you go.

I’m coming round to Vieira and Arteta more and more though. But let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Nostalgia?

Because letting either of them take the helm in this pivotal period is far too much of a risk surely? Perhaps after a much more established manager has successfully changed the culture, football identity and they’ve proven their credentials.

I’m hesitant to see any former player of Wenger become manager regardless of experience as I’d like to see a totally fresh approach with no former ties to the club.

2 Likes

It is a risk but Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan have taken it with some success.

Would be interesting to see.

Exactly. The MSN made that Barca side great, not him.