Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

Not quite the same though, because Madrid and Barcelona at least in recent times promoted coaches who had been at the club for several years, they didn’t just hire ex-players for the sake of it.

As far as I know from Arsenal’s point of view all they’ve seen Arteta do is coach the under 9s or whatever a few times.

I wouldn’t be against taking a risk on Vieira if he’s shown any signs of being a very good coach but I’ve no idea how he’s performed in New York.

1 Like

He just continued what Guardiola did. He was nothing special in the end.

1 Like

Not to mention the fact Real and Barca have vastly superior squads.

Despite their considerable success I don’t rate Zidane or Enrique as top managers.

1 Like

I can’t believe Allegri is such a distant choice for so many people. He’s one of the best tacticians in the world.

Either way I don’t think he’s leaving Juventus. Think he has one more season in him.

4 Likes

Not just about Allegri, but how much of a pull do you think we are? In the example of Allegri, would he quit for us? I know this is still one of the biggest footballing jobs in Europe, but I’m just wondering how many big managers are looking at us at the moment, wanting the job.

For me it’s more that I think Arsenal is such a distant choice for Allegri :slight_smile:

Two things I’m finding intensely irritating, 1) the love in in the media by so many who have been sticking the knife in for months and years (albeit this is inevitable) and 2) the fans of other clubs who say Arsenal fans have hounded the poor soul out of a job :smile: Do fuck off already

Jardim or Nagelsmann please. Think it will be Low or Ancelotti

3 Likes

He’s often been vocal about his desire to manage in England (as so many Italian managers are). Arsenal are still across Europe a massive proposition. A big stadium, a global fan base, a famous city, a rich tradition and history.

We also have financial advantage of being an English club too.

3 Likes

Genuine question here, because I don’t follow Series A and didn’t when Enrique managed Roma, but did he have anyone in his squad that was on the same level as Aubameyang or Ozil? Sure we have a lot of average in our squad, but surely having two talents at that level mean we have a better squad than Roma did then? Surely a few canny signings added to what we have would quite quickly tip the balance if not?

I would have assumed so but I guess I don’t know if I’m honest.

I agree.
These are the same supporters, from rival clubs, that wanted Wenger to sign a new contract because they knew he was dragging us down.
They’re sounding worried because we are moving forward and won’t be such a pushover any more.

1 Like

Think he is most people’s favoured choice.

Just that unfortunately there isn’t much noise around him yet, hopefully that changes.

Just read that he’s wanted a proper no.10 at Juve for ages but the Agnellis being stingy fucks meant he had to make do.

Just so happens we got one of the best no.10s around. :henry2:

So he can bring all the destroyers and workhorses he wants, as we are severely short on them.

1 Like

I’d be delighted with Allegri tbh. Would be a sea-change from the type of “one size fits all” approach to tactics (I think this was one of BradyMagic’s favoured phrases so I will be self-harming later) we have seen under Wenger.

Not sure he’s as good a squad builder as others, or at developing young players (happy for people to point to examples of this though to prove my ass wrong) but if we want somebody who will likely get us challenging in the next 2 seasons, he would probably top the list.

And he might bring a Juve player or two along with him which always helps. Szczesny anybody :coq:

6 Likes

I’m not entirely sure that’s true. Arsenal are a really attractive prospect with out new structure, global fan base, money and huge stadium.

Plus we were paying Wenger a healthy fucking sum of money too lol

Ok, slightly better. But not world’s apart :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/987633097616347136

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/987631891707723776

And of course Ornstein saying the board admire Allegri

https://twitter.com/HandofHenry/status/987630884579954688

1 Like

How soon can we expect an announcement?

Put a fiver on Enrique last night. Too much smoke imo

i.e Nobody really knows, and are just speculating.

1 Like

Who I want that is unattainable: Klopp, Guardiola, Pochettino

Who I want who is attainable: Allegri, Simeone, Tuchel

Who I think we will get: Ancelotti

For me, I think the board have got someone lined up already, and have said it will be Ancelotti for for quite a while, so although he wouldn’t be my first choice, he is a decent manager.

He has managed in most of the top leagues, and been a success, including the PL.
He is used to dealing with top players, and has taken over clubs where he has had to turn round a difficult situation, as he did with Chelsea to win them the PL title.

1 Like

ITKs, tbh.