Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

cmular on twitter also said arteta was front runner for what it’s worth

but legit i trust moley more than sky sports

1 Like

Agreed.

You hear people say stuff like “what’s he achieved?” about various candidates but if you manage in Spain and you aren’t managing Barca or Real or you manage in Germany and you aren’t managing Bayern then the odds of achieving something are very heavily stacked against you. And if you are managing those clubs then you’re working with a hefty advantage so that can mask your coaching flaws too.

Then you’re left with the likes of Emery who have a good EL record (which can also mean a poor CL record), or managers who’ve won domestic cups which is what we already have.

Bayern for example are hiring a coach who has basically “achieved” nothing but if he can coach and make the right decisions then who cares? As we move to a more European backroom setup all we need is someone that can coach well.

2 Likes

If they appointed Arteta Kroenke would show once again he doesn’t care about. Greedy cunt.

1 Like

People make the mistakes trophies = achievements.

Arteta isn’t , nor is the answer . He hasn’t got any managerial experience .
We need someone with a massive pair of bollocks who is going to pick this team up and turn them into the Arsenal of old .
Simeone or Tuchel for me .

1 Like

It does look like we will be appointing our next Rioch before finding our next revolutionary Wenger type guy…

1 Like

Not fucking Arteta that’s for sure

Certain failure and not a clean break

Fuck this shit

3 Likes

We won’t be getting Arteta or Vieira, don’t worry lol.

So Gazidis is just speculating in public?

Headline when Wenger was appointed. Personally, I want another brave appointment.

3 Likes

What I want is a professionally run club

One that does succession planning

Currently running round like headless chickens

So fed up with this bollocks

1 Like

Yeah there’s no reason why not. I certainly don’t think making a brave appointment like Vieira or Arteta means the club has no ambition.

2 Likes

there’s nothing brave about appointing Arteta

He’s a comfort blanket, means we’re not changing that much

It would be a huge failure

3 Likes

Be brave, be bold, put a call in to Turin or Madrid. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d like that too, but at the same time to be a progressive club that are ahead of the curve, I think we should be looking into what’s new and what’s next. If someone is out there who’s going to take the football world by storm with their philosophy we should be after that guy.

Analytics in football is something that’s only been scratched on the surface. If there’s someone out there who can take that to the next level and transform the numbers into success on the pitch, that’s who we should be after imo. Baseball started it very successfully (it’s an easy sport to quantify, but still) and now basketball has taken over the mantle. Tbh the smartest analytic teams have the advantage right now.

1 Like

GET IN! Maurizio in immediately.

Allardayce :smile:

I think if this appointment was made today sentiment would be completely different because of our access to information…French champion, EC II Final, EC I semi-finalist.

Or not since he came out of Japan :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes