Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

It’s really quite lame how the vast majority of these ITK’s are, they post and delete ad infinitum in the vein hope months down the line they can claim they knew something for e-daps.

1 Like

It’s complete bs. So, bring in a new manager after bringing in new head of recruitment, new director of football and tell the new manager he only has enough for one player? Doesn’t pass the logic or common sense test.

1 Like

Some of our shit players might even play better under a new manager.

i just cant see Arteta being viable and i think it is a BS rumour. The guy was only recently a player himself. When the going gets tough do you think the players will respond respectfully to a manager that literally was just playing with them 2 seasons ago, i dont think Arteta has what it takes to be a big power in the dressing room and keeping players on track. Imagine playing with a person then 3 years later you have to answer to him after a few bad results i could resentment and disrespect creeping in…would be a really poor appointment.

2 Likes

Really don’t want Arteta. We need a proper manager who is going to bring on-the-pitch results, not someone who is basically a Wenger-lite who can talk well in interviews.

He has no managerial experience and we can’t afford to be his ginuea pig. Wouldn’t mind him as an assistant at all, maybe even to Enrique for the Spanish connection. But no way as manager. He needs to start elsewhere, not here.

5 Likes

If we don’t get someone credible then Wenger leaving is completely pointless. After uniteds fiasco we really should be looking to make å mark here but it’s not unlike.our board to royally fuck things up and be scrimpy cunts. Hope they prove me wrong.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/moleyfootball/status/988539923564294146

https://twitter.com/moleyfootball/status/988539053338513409

Horse shit, mole has spoken.

4 Likes

I like the 50M number is repeated every transfer.

1 Like

gotta think also if we do actually win the Europa that is 30m right there. I do think we can afford slightly more than 20m in addition considering we are on over 400m a season now and we are getting new deals on sponsorships, new partners and 200m in the bank.

I agree.
Gazidis comes across as someone who craves power but isn’t an expert when it comes to football.
Some of the stuff he comes out with, just to keep the supporters happy, is ridiculous, like in the last window when he and Wenger said we were trying to buy Mbappe for about 120m but now it turns out we are pleading poverty and will only have around 50m in the next window.

If he is serious about replacing Wenger with either Arteta or Vieira, then we might as well keep Wenger.
If either of them had never played for us, we wouldn’t even give them a second look.
They would be out of their depth at a club where the pressure to follow a legendary figure like Wenger would be immense.

If we don’t get a well established, top European manager, and we resort to a cheap option, like an ex player, it will just prove how little ambition we have, other than to make a profit for Kroenke.

2 Likes

That bloody thing again!

Who wants to play whack-a-mole?

I agree with the rest of your post but, although we did spend another 60m on Aubameyang, all it proved was how desperate Wenger was, after realising that Lacazette was a false economy.
Also we sold Chamberlain, Walcott, Coquelin, Giroud, Gabriel, Sanchez, and a few others, for more than 150m, as well as getting some very high earning players off the wage bill.

In fact, we have broken even in two of the last three seasons on transfers, which considering how desperate we were for quality, and all the big talk from Wenger and Gazidis, is very under whelming.

He helped build the MLS, i think he would have needed to know something.

He might know something about the MLS but I don’t think he is that knowledgeable about football in Europe and recruiting a new manager.

Exactly. The players don’t need a friend or a father, but a manager.

I want Zidane now!

I’ve just seen the new odds for our next manager and the first six on the list look pretty under whelming, apart from Allegri.

Out of all of them I’d have Conte.

Luis Enrique
2/1
Mikel Arteta
9/2
Joachim Loew
6/1
Massimiliano Allegri
7/1
Patrick Vieira
9/1
Brendan Rodgers
10/1
Julian Nagelsmann
12/1
Thomas Tuchel
14/1
Carlo Ancelotti
16/1
Leonardo Jardim
16/1
Rafael Benitez
16/1
Diego Simeone
18/1
Eddie Howe
18/1
Thierry Henry
20/1
Antonio Conte

Take your pick :grin:

Why is Enrique underwhelming? I’ve seen a lot of people looking down on him.

He has proven himself at a massive club, won a treble. Obviously he had world class players but when he comes here he’ll find a squad that isn’t half bad on paper, it just needs a few additions and proper coaching.

I have no problem with him as a coach but I think he needs great players and I’m not sure he would be able to cope with the restrictions on spending our board would give him.