Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

I’d say Conte is pretty high on my list so far.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/darrenarsenal1/status/989024502783889408

I guess that rules Neil Warnock out too

https://twitter.com/darrenarsenal1/status/989027034851618816

1 Like

Me too.
He would be ideal.
He is a PL winner, used to dealing with big name players and would sort out our defence.
Apart from Klopp, I can’t think of many other managers that would suit us better.

I just hope our strategy of getting a new manager isn’t as slow and dithering as our player transfer negotiations.

We need someone in before the transfer window opens, not at the end of it.

1 Like

Two fa cup finals in two seasons as well

2 Likes

Unfortunately Conte won’t be considered because he doesn’t play the attacking football the board might be looking at. Which is why I genuinely think we’re leaning towards Arteta for possible Pep comparisons or someone like Enrique or Jardim.

The thing I like about Jardim is that he is very pragmatic. First half of his stint at Monaco was (very) defensive football.

5 Likes

Big Sol wants Vieria as manager with Bergkamp as assistant

1 Like

I agree with this, he’s shown pragmatism but it’s clear the board want someone with an attacking philosophy.

He won Ligue 1 with 95 points and like 110 goals scored or something, I’m sure we’d be sufficiently happy with that kind of attacking :santi2:

2 Likes

What is it about Sarri’s character then?

Pathetic so. Let’s hope for Jardim, then.

His strong political views, sexist and apparently homophobic comments.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattHughesTimes/status/989051130285051905

3 Likes

Changed his tune very quickly lol

Can I just say I’ve now had my hopes up about Allegri, as I was thinking just how good Ozil would be under Allegris counter attacking style, I think he’d be devastating.

Speak for yourself :smile:

As attractive as those stats make Jardim’s style look he’s just as pragmatic as the likes of Allegri, Simone, Mourinho & Marcelino.

Without knocking him, Jardim just had a team that season which was head and shoulders above anything else in Ligue 1 abit like Mourinho’s Madrid who won La Liga in 11/12 with a record breaking 100 points and scored the most goals (121) in La Liga’s history.

Now that Tuchel & Sarri have both effectively been ruled out my #1 pick would probably be Quique Setién.

He had Las Palmas playing some of the best football in La Liga last season and he’s got Real Betis playing arguably the best stuff this season.

Interesting shout, my main concern with Setién is that he tanks buckets of goals though, a bit like we’ve done lately. Could be down to player quality but how do you feel about his defensive coaching?

But does he know what a clean sheet looks like ? Yeah his teams are exciting to watch but the annoying thing would be our defence would feel right at home leaking goals.

No enough time for him to prepare the new season, especially if Germany reached the final once again.

Went through my head all last night this.

1 Like