Who would you play at RB?

Ramsey.

Is anyone still saying this? Genuine question as I could have easily missed it, but it feels like something people said when he emerged and for a while afterwards.

Because at a certain point you probably need to give people amnesty for views they stated a couple of years ago. Just like I thought that it had eventually become a bit ridiculous and unfair for people to keep taking the piss out of you for a stance you held about Sanogo years ago.

Wish we had the old Gerrard. He was a great RB when played there.

Yeah, just look at the Coquelin thread from like 2-3 weeks ago.

I feel like playing Oxlade Chamberlain from the start is going to be very different to him doing well against Man U for a short period during which they were content to have no ambition beyond not conceding. He did look good but he also didnā€™t have to fulfil any of the basic duties of a right back or show much tactical discipline because of the context of the game. Maybe it could work if we were switching to a 3-5-2, but as part of a back four I donā€™t think it will end well.

Iā€™d rather go with an actual defender. Not sure which one though, and I kind of understand why people would go for Chamberlain, because none of the options look like a safe bet.

In which case my post can be completely disregarded :+1:

Didnā€™t you used to think Coq was the best dm in the league lol.

1 Like

There was a period of time when he actually was. Much like there was a period of time when Matic was.

AC is just on his high horse with Coquelin at the moment because he doesnā€™t play Spanish tiki taka/ he was a victim of the 180. :smile:

No, donā€™t confuse thinking he was better than Schneiderlin with thinking he was the best DM in the league. :wink: And anyways, he was actually quite good in 14-15. I didnā€™t say he was the best DM 3 weeks ago when he hasnā€™t been good for a long time, though. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m nearly certain you said there were no any DMā€™s in the league better than him during the Schneiderlin transfer