Your 2016 memories

So in the last few years, I tend to make a thread asking everyone their memories from each year Arsenal wise.

It’s probably fair to say we won’t look back on 2016 too kindly, a year where we lost the title to Leicester…

Best moments
Welbeck winner against Leicester
Beating Chelsea 3-0 at home on my birthday. Fucking loved that.
Alexis’ hat trick master class at West Ham. Alexis in general been a joy to watch.
New OA has just been what we needed.

Worst moments
Losing at Man Utd to a bunch of youths and reserves effectively.
Fucking up the title race AGAIN, soon after.
How every year just feels like groundhog day with us, with the same patterns, the same bullshit.
Arsenal fans more divided than ever, leading to silly fightings and all sorts of nonsense.
Saying goodbye to old OA :santi:

1 Like

FUCK OFF 2016!!

2 Likes

BEST:

.#WelbeckWinner
Beating Chelsea 3-0
F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶L̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶2̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶
Alexis vs West Ham. Best single arsenal player performance in years
Spurs losing 5-1 to already relegated Newcastle on the last day of the season meaning St Totteringham’s Day survived another year.

WORST:

Bottling the league title again.
Wenger.

Signing Mustafi

Last MDC on the old site. Absolutely brilliant.

1 Like

[quote=“Leper, post:5, topic:1093, full:true”]
Last MDC on the old site. Absolutely brilliant.
[/quote]Some of the names and stuff were just simply amazing. Not to mention talking about all the old stuff on OA was really cool. Great night :slight_smile:

Yeah alright, go away. " oh my ex is so amazing" :expressionless:

Best:

• Finally beating Chelsea;
  • Signing Mustafi;
  • Welbeck’s last minute goal against Leicester (sigh :disappointed_relieved: )
  • Giroud’s goal against United.

Worst:

• Not winning the title in our best chance in years;
  • Everton&City defeats (deja vu :santi: ). These 2 defeats have killed our title chances once again;
  • Losing to United’s under-21.
1 Like

Best: Smashing Chelsea 3-0 in late September

Worst : Its a long list so this could be lengthy but I will just limit it to putting up a non existent Title challenge when a side like Leicester walks the League with 81 points.

2 Likes

Leave it at that yea? We don’t have enough bandwidth for your actual list.

6 Likes

Positive: Welbeck’s goal against Leicester, 3-0 Chelsea

Negative: Obviously the end of last season as a whole, defeats to Chelsea and United in the second half of that season being the standout ones

Losing to west brom away and Swansea at home. Being bored rigid with our performance in the 0 0 at Sunderland. Giving away the FA cup at home to Watford.

Winning me OA award was pretty cool.

1 Like

Sorry to be pedantic but the West Brom away loss was November 2015 haha.

Reading this thread has got 2017 off to a proper crap start

1 Like

Fair one. Joe Allen equaliser at anfield then.

1 Like

Positive: Signing a German (:P). Signing a quality CB. The loan spells of Calum & Jack (fitness really on Jack’s part). Dat Guy goal.

Negative: Failure to win anything. Ditto 2017.

Lets pray a miracle happens and one of the 2017 highlights can be tossing Bayern Munich from the Champions League.

Oh I have already decided that that is going to happen

Sweet. Expect a mob if not.

1 Like

On the field, The scum fucking up last day of season…oh what fun we had round the brewers.
Off the field, The sad passing of my mate Martin Toomey.
Liam Brady,Charlie George and Arsene Wenger for personally lighting up his last couple of weeks . Liam visited him… Charlie phoned him and AW sent a personal letter… Fair play to all of them and the many that sent goodwill messages…
Here is the video of when Liam visited Martin… sad and inspiring…

5 Likes