Your dream Football stadium

OK this is a little bit of a random thread, but something got me thinking. What makes for a good stadium, or overall fan experience? These days it seems every club wants to build a fancy new stadium, to cater for bigger fan bases, and the dreaded ‘prawn cocktail’ brigade. But so often we hear that modern stadiums lack the atmosphere of a traditional stadium with ‘open stands’ etc.

But also another thing got me thinking is location too. When you see a game on TV, so many of the stadiums from the inside look the same and pretty generic. But I remember in the past when Arsenal used to have pre season matches in Austria, the grounds would be really small, that you’d have the mountains or hillside in the background and it made for a really cool looking experience. Do all stadiums really need to be so big these days?

So, I thought, if you were in charge of a brand new Football team, what process would you go into building your ideal stadium. What country and city would you base your team in and why? What capacity would you make the stadium hold? What other features or details would you add that perhaps doesn’t feature at current grounds?

Would be great to get some thoughts on this :kos2:

Other than Highbury the best stadium I was ever in was Parken Stadium in Copenhagen. Which reminded me a lot of Highbury.

So, yea. Highbury. :slight_smile: (I realise I’ve only answered the thread title and not the other questions posed) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stadium type: Open air like the olden days.
Capacity: 35,000

Failing that, my other dream stadium already exists. It’s in small town Norway.

7 Likes

A simple non league ground around that pitch by the Angel of the North. I want Wagon Wheels for sale in the shop too.

I allways like futuristic/unusual building but something simply like this to begin with in a nice coastal area will do, lemon tops will be sold in the stand and cheerleaders will entertain the crowds at half time

Nice

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

El Vicente Calderón :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Fucking Atletico fan. GTFO!

seems like this twat doesnt seem to learn from a ban, i reckon the next one should be fucking permanent.

3 Likes

Think you need to stop getting so rustled by him.

Abou will come back with his tail between his legs apologising to king Unai when we win the league as he shows himself to be Sevilla Emery that Abou was once in love with. So don’t worry about that.

Edit: fucking racist autocorrect Abou is a name!!!

2 Likes

I mean, do you guys actually think wengerball’s biggest ever fan has actually defected to Simeone’s boys? :poldi:

2 Likes

VICENTE CALDERÓN SIEMPRE VIVIRÁS
AUNQUE ERAS VIEJO TE AMABA
YO TE AMABA
PASAMOS LAS PRUEBAS EN EL DURATÓN
EN LAS BUENAS Y EN LAS MALAS
NO FALLABAS
GRITA FUERTE Y CANTA, ETERNO CALDERÓN!!!

Despite your trolling the Mestalla is the best in Spain and you know it :grin:

In fact, that is probably my favourite stadium in Europe, the stands are so vertical you feel as if you are going to fall on to the pitch

1 Like

I hate to be that guy (I don’t) but that is not a football stadium. That’s just a football pitch

5 Likes

You piece of shit how dare you

1 Like

Your cat is a pussy. :laca:

P.S. it’s called ‘Henningsvær Stadion’, so I’ll allow it. :hipster::kos2:

1 Like

Need to double check this…

It’s a stadium!

7 Likes

Suck my balls mate.

1 Like

But what happens if he takes you up on that invitation :cech: