Antoine Griezmann

The NBA is rugged, but at least they do have a salary cap.
The more you cross the limit, the more you are getting penalized (taxed).

These fucking big football clubs just signing whoever they want… fuck it.

Griezmann got booed by his own fans in their final game of the season :laughing:

Not something I normally like to see but he clearly is a total wanker

9 Likes

He’s had a strange club career as well. Played for arguably the less prestigious team in Basque Country (don’t @ me) and then moved to Atletico after they won the La Liga title. He picked up a European trophy on the club side and the World Cup but crucially stayed at AM when he could have walked.

Even though he stayed it didn’t seem like (a) he wanted to stay and (b) he was ever going to stay long term. It was a weird decision for me and I can’t help but think he had an agreement with another club (probably Barcelona) but something happened behind closed doors to convince him to sign an extension.

So he’s 28 now, probably moving to Barcelona to be a part of the twilight years of Messi’s dominance. Is he a Suarez replacement? I don’t quite think so. Is he going to jump ahead of a guy like Dembele who could play the wing? Maybe, but that seems a little short sighted on Barcelona’s part.

Yeah, he’ll probably win La Liga with Barcelona and maybe the Champions League but I can’t help but think this is kind of a Galatico-style move from Barcelona. They don’t need Griezmann IMHO, they just want him.

1 Like

I’ve been reading that some board members at Barça don’t want him now. Will be really interesting to see where he ends up, he may have little choice…

He should have moved last season without making such a fuss.
Was crucial for France and could have landed anywhere he wanted

If (and it’s a big if) he doesn’t go to Barcelona, where does he go?

United are a dumpster fire right now.

Chelsea have an impending transfer ban.

PSG would see him playing third fiddle to Mbappe and Neymar (until both move to Madrid :arteta:)

City don’t need him, although that’s never stopped them.

Bayern probably won’t pay the money.

Juventus still have a Sex Offender leading their forward line.

Does he go to a place like Inter to spearhead some sort of revival? Would he go to Madrid instead of Barcelona?

Think he stayed cause of Atletico’s transfer ban last season. While it was the honourable thing to do, his antics don’t endear him to anyone TBH.

Well wearing black face kind of outs you as being a dumbass.

(I kind of like the dancing though, he’s got chops)

I think he is trying to expand his honours before moving to the States. Don’t be surprised if he leaves next year or the year after. Lad is mad.

He does love the NBA. Maybe he’d play for the Miami Beckhams?

He would do well at Liverpool.

Basically they signed Lemar for him:

I think during negotiating his contract he might have told them that he would stay provided they made some signings. Griezmann current position at Atletico doesn’t exist at other teams because nobody plays 4-4-2 with a support striker anymore, but them. I’m sure he’ll be fine though. I do agree that last summer was probably the perfect moment to make a move and he stayed a year too long.

Or rejoin his pal Vela at LAFC. Those two are two peas in a pod.

1 Like

In a way I guess that helped us sign Lacazette?

Nah. If not for that transfer ban Lacazette would have been an Atletico player.

2 Likes

Forgot about that. They seemed to have navigated their ban pretty well. Wonder if Chelsea will be able to do the same. They’ll almost certainly have a new coach.

Is Simeone leaving?

Yes, for the third year running he is leaving to manage Inter.

8 Likes

Well this is interesting! Him instead of Laca if we finished in the top 4 in 16/17?

5 Likes

He’s right about Yaya Toure.
He was exactly what we needed but we went for a succession of underwhelming DM’s rather than a world class one like Toure.

Cahill was another one that we needed but went for cheaper options.

As for Griezeman, he was a great player a couple of seasons ago, for Atletico and France but I think Lacazette and Aubameyang have both done a great job here.