Antoine Griezmann

I remember being annoyed about missing out on Harry Kewell but Reyes soon changed all that

2 Likes

Cahill definitely the one that stings the most there.

2 Likes

Toure wasn’t really a DM though, that would have been wasting him.

4 Likes

Toure was like a of a combination of Vieira and Makelele but was a leader as well which is something we lacked.
He might have been more of a box to box player but he could certainly defend and I thing he even played as a defender for Man City, although he wasn’t at his peak then.

Of all the players we missed out on and, according to Wenger we missed out on almost every world class player, he was the type of player that we were desperate for and would have made a massive difference to us.

I don’t see the Makelele aspect tbh. But we agree with the main point that he’d have been transformative for us and is exactly what we were missing :+1:

1 Like

The only thing is you don’t know how he would have developed. It’s not that after the trial with us he went straight to Barca. He spent 2 years in Ukraine, 1 year in Greece and 1 year at Monaco. During the same time we saw many youngsters come in and fall, he could have been in the long line.
Even if would have come good during all those years, there’s no guarantee we would have held onto him and would have ended up with Flamini and Denilson anyway.

13-14, Arteta mopping up the ball. Nice cheeky sideways pass to Yaya. Yaya skips past 4 players, passes it to Suarez, goaaaaallllll siiiiiiiiii-WAKE UP behnchode, Schooltime!

What could have been :santi:

3 Likes

People make this comparison because of his appearance. In reality Yaya was more like Gerrard or KDB

1 Like

I think we missed out on Yaya Toure when he was on trial with us, not during the time when City acquired him.
Most likely if we acquired his service, he would have been sold by 2008.

Things haven’t really worked out for this bloke in a winning major honours sense have they ?

Joins Atletico after they win the league and leaves before they win it again. Joins Barca after they win the league then Barca don’t win it in the 2 seasons he has spent their so far.

Yeah he has won a EL, Spanish cups and had international success with France, but bizarre he hasn’t won a La Liga or 2.

2 Likes

Think he’s sleeping just fine at night.

Hahaha yeah with the money he has made :eyes:.

Back to Atleti it seems.

Wonder what’s the logic behind De Jong, They should have made a move for Laca if that’s the extent of their ambition

Also what about Braithwaite?

2 Likes

Luuk De Jong has scored 10 goals in 69 La Liga matches over the last two seasons. What a fall from grace for Barca.

2 Likes

Barca make some weird as fuck signings

2 Likes

is that why saul is leaving?

Could never be us.

2 Likes

These Dutch managers have a real national bias when it comes to signings, every where a Dutch manager goes he always brings in 3/4 rando Dutch players.

1 Like

What a fekin tool. Definition of a FLOP

1 Like