Are things really looking that bleak?

So you didn’t think we needed a WC striker? Or even a proven top level goal scorer? Do you even want us to win? Or are you one of those that doesn’t really like Arsenal, just the IDEA Arsenal?

If reports of 89m transfer kitty are true then we’ve probably made the best use of that.

People forget that we’ve managed to hold onto our major players which is half the battle in modern transfer windows. 3 or 4 years ago this may have not been the case. I’ll take that for now whilst we try and compete against clubs with practically infinite resources.

If we don’t properly challenge for the league then it’ll be interesting to see you find excuses for our manager when he had a team with seven world class players in it.

Out of interest, how many world class players do Man U, City and Chelsea have if we have 7?

Does that mean Ozil and Sanchez will be signing new contracts because we have a first team stacked with world class players?

1 Like

Recent years have been such a bleak period in Arsenal history.

6 Likes

I’ve been going to Arsenal since I was seven years old sunshine so you can shut your pie hole! I tend to be more of an observer on this forum and can confirm your comments are by far the worst part about it!

2 Likes

Cech - Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Monreal - Xhaka - Coq - Sanchez - Ozil - Santi/Ramsey - Giroud/Perez

To start this lineup for 30 games, top 4 is surely ours and we can think of challenging the title.

2 Likes

Pretty much all the big teams tell a similar story - the premier league changed the financial dynamic in a drastic, drastic way and things have progressively got more tending towards “big teams with high precision” towards the top. Remember when ManU was taken over by Fergie? Remember when Aberdeen won the Euro Cup in 1983? Early 1990’s began a massive, cataclysmic shift in football power, creating much, much bigger financial gulfs than ever before in England (and I reckon in the rest of Europe).

AW deserves credit for sure for being so reliably in the top 4. On the other hand, he has pretty much hit the target exactly in terms of placement relative to wage placement since our last premier league title. But bigger pic, he didn’t once in the last 10 years have a breakthrough and get a EPL or CL title, even when there were clear-cut opportunities and potential ways to improve the necessary points.

One would say that Aberdeen was the Euro CUp winner in 1983 but no one in their right mind would somehow use that benchmark to bludgeon them for their current position - it just isn’t apples to apples. FFS it isn’t even fruits to fruits.

4 Likes

Oh sorry I mislabeled you, you’re the “I’ve been going to Arsenal forever so you don’t know anything” fan. Well pal let me tell you if I lived within driving distance of the Arsenal I’d have been going to games since I was born.

I doubt it, you will be on here saying ‘i live right by the stadium but i dont like ABCXYZ so i wont be spending any money with them until it is sorted’ face it you are negative about fucking everything as regards Arsene, transfers, the owner, the board, the players, the system and Arsenal in general i don’t think you are a fan at all really just a shitty troll!

1 Like

You should learn in life that you have to respect alternative viewpoints. I don’t care if you don’t agree and I don’t care if you tell me that directly…you won’t see me crying about it like you are here.

Haha, fucking hypocrite I have a view about Lacazette and said I feel he doesn’t fit and I just don’t like him for Arsenal and out of that you get I am a racist when I am half black myself…you are full of shit and a cunt to boot!

2 Likes

And therein you prove my point! Crap poster! I’m done.

My point was that I was pleased with the window, shoot me for being positive about the season and not minding that Perez wasn’t my number one choice!

Get em Richard! Filthy americans don’t know shit about soccer ball, bar myself of course, i’m like a fucking expert mostly. “If I lived within driving distance i’d have gone to all the matches since I was a kid.” Now that was some of the funniest shit i’ve read in days!! :joy:

2 Likes

:point_right:since I was BORN. Get it straight Yank

2 Likes

Can people that are black or half black not be racist? Is that how it works?

2 Likes

Errr…I think if we played our 2007-2008 team. It probably destroy the current world class team we have…

Almunia, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, Sagna, Eduardo, Gilberto, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor

Perhaps I exaggerated it a bit but they were definitely more secure at the back and we dominated in our possession football and teams were still scared stiff by us. Now? No one are scared of us anymore.

Rosicky in for Gilberto :slight_smile:

That team loses there.

But yes that team was amazing.