Arsène Wenger

I’d rather win the FA Cup than the EL. Especially in the fashion we just won it in last season. Sticking those arrogant Chelsea cunts noses in it and knocking out Pep that oil money slut. Much sweeter than beating Celta Vigo and ajax in the battle of underwhelming euro teams.

1 Like

Ajax might not have the same financial prowess Arsenal has, but Ajax is historically a bigger club than Arsenal. Stop talking shite mate.

Nah no way. Europa league victory and a shot at the European Supercup, and subsequent exposure would be better for us tbh.

I see no reason why a team that should (should…) be competing for 1st in the PL, wouldn’t do the business against teams that ended up 3rd or 4th in weaker leagues. Not worthy of the CL if you arent bossing the EL.

It’s not talking shite tbh. That’s the viewpoint and reality of most american football fans. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Ajax lol. Even historically Arsenal maybe inferior in europe, come here and find someone who gives a fuck about Ajax, Arsenal support will outnumber them literally 10,000 to 1 or more.

4 Likes

Well. Educate yourselves than. For fucks sake. Ignorant Americans.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is, it’s talking shit. :slight_smile:

(tbf, history aside, I don’t think it’s wrong to call Ajax an underwhelming European team, atm)

This thread has gone tits up in a very short period of time :mustafi:

Gonna put my love for you on the line here and ask if you know about the wonders of Italian football in the 90s?

If not I expect you to fix this and educate your people.

1 Like

True, but because Ajax was full of legends for this sport and Arsenal was full of beer merchants. After Chapman and before Arsène Wenger we never had an example for european football.

1 Like

Yeah we did. We lost the 1980 Cup’ Winners Cup final to Valencia.

We won the Cup’ Winners Cup against Parma. Tell me if anyone, apart Arsenal & England fans, know who are Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould, Steve Morrow, Ian Selley or the manager George Graham.

1 Like

Like we could win it one day :mustafi:

hey hey hey. Asking people to remember who played in a game over 2 years ago is hard enough.

Hahaha so based on that logic putting Notts Forrest out of the league cup was a bigger achievement for us than beating City and Chelsea in the FA Cup because ‘historically they’re a bigger club’.

Being the best team in the world 40 years ago doesn’t change the fact Ajax of today are a bag of shite and beating them means fuck all.

2 Likes

This ^^^^ thanks for saving me the time of replying to that nonsense.

Ok given we’re on history hour, here’s a quiz, why does Arsenal have a red and white strip? There’s a clue in a prior post.

1 Like

I don’t see how you got that out of it. The notion that Ajax is an underwhelming name is a joke. They are one of the biggest clubs in European football and more respect for them it’s on it’s place. Particurlarly from Arsenal fans.

That being a reason to prefer the FA Cup over the Europa League is a joke.

Because Arsenal was a cheap club even back then.

Because you’re using the fact that they were a great side 40 years ago to justify the fact that beating them today actually means something. Leeds and Notts Forrest were great sides in the past, beating them today means nothing, much like beating Ajax today means less than beating any top half PL side if we’re being generous.

We beat better teams to win all of FA Cups than United have beat this year in the Europa. It’s not difficult to comprehend.

3 Likes

Ajax wasn’t just a great side 40 years ago. Arguably our GOAT comes from the Ajax school and he isn’t even their best player of all time. Just to put things in perspective.

The FA Cup remains what it is; a domestic cup. That’s always secondary to the Europa League. I don’t care if we even beat all the other teams in the top six to get there.

1 Like