Arsène Wenger

I want to hate the club for how shit we have been and continue to be.

But they go and pull on the heart strings with Auba and Ozil deals.

Fuck sakes.

I want to be happy, I am happy, but we will get cheated on again sooner or later.

For now I cant wait to see these guys combine :fire:

12 Likes

If carlsberg done fan wishes Wenger would resign tonight.

1 Like

shop it so that it has the LMAO order before posting ffs, that’s the whole point of the four of them!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/958677882397757440

7 Likes

I got to be honest.

If Ozil does sign the extension, I will let Wenger to finish out his contract till 2019.

I will give Wenger a chance to try Laca, Auba, Ozil and Miki for a full season.

Of course, if he picks Iwobi over any of those player if not for injury issue, I will still want him to go immediately.

1 Like

Looks like he’ll get another try by default but he doesn’t deserve it.

Would love to see a new manager have a crack at bringing out the best in these boys.

2 Likes

If I’m completely honest, knowing Wenger and his beliefs and his modus operandi, it’s going to be MONTHS before we see Mkhi, Auba, Ozil and Lacazette starting in the same team.

It just isn’t going to happen.

Iwobi, Mkhi, and Auba with Ozil in a midfield three behind them is going to be more likely.

3 Likes

difficult to line them all up as well. Only thing I see working is a 4-4-2, not flat but diamond necessarily with our full backs whose strengths are running rather than attacking or defending and since Micky and Özil shouldn’t be dropping too deep too much perhaps. And for balance then a proper ball-winning DM, a b2b midfielder who can kill space like Ramsey, next to Mkhitaryan who is still a bit deeper lying, and Özil at the top of it to distribute to Auba and Laca up front. So no Jack and Micky a bit deeper than he would favour I think. Either that or push Laca out wide and play something like 4-3-3 with Micky - Auba - Laca up front.

2 Likes

Now the frontline is complete, he has the quality players, saving his legacy or not, it is all up to him.
He has no excuses that we don’t have money to compete.
Auba, Laca, Ozil and Miki, this is the best combo in the EPL IMO.

4-4-2 Diamond, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, we can manage that.
No matter what, Miki is on the right side, Ozil in the middle, it is just where to put Auba and Laca. One as striker and one as wide player; or play both forward.

3 Likes

I’d be more excited about how a new manager could use the talents we have now tbh

4 Likes

Our frontline looks great now and oFcrouse Auba is a a world class striker, but our team is definitely not well balanced, our defending is hilarious at times and not to talk about midfield, no real protection, Xhaka is awful, Ramsey is more focused on scoring and Elneny, well… Elneny.

Our top priority in the summer should be DM, or even two and a goalkeeper, while ofloading xhaka and cech.

Exciting times but also worrying times ahead in my opinion

3 Likes

Picture depicting the mood after a typical Wenger transfer window.

tumbleweed

Picture depicting the mood after a a transfer window when Sven gets stuck in.

arsenal

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them in a 4-3-3 or narrow diamond.

Depending on the opposition would be easy to switch it up in a match with little need for subs.

How does Auba and Laca go in a 4-2-3-1. Both of them are strict strikers/stay up front imo. If you want to play 4-2-3-1 then you’d be better off playing one of them and 3 AMs (like Jack Özil Micky).

Benefit is possibly that Xhaka maybe does ok in a holding 2-man pairing :sweat_smile:

How did BVB play Lewandowski, Auba and Miki at that time??
Don’t tell me Auba was the striker and Lewy was the wide player…

Auba was a wide player full time or not, so did Laca. They had experience playing there.

My preference is:
------------------------Laca------------------------
Auba----------------Ozil---------------------Miki

This won’t sacrifice Auba’s scoring ability much because even playing as a wide player, you still have a lot of chance to score. Poldi in his first season as wide player, score 15/16 goals there.
Playing out wide is not an excuse for not able to find scoring chances.

At this moment, Xhaka is so shit that, I don’t mind seeing the Jack/Rambo pairing, or mix in Elneny.

1 Like

Doesn’t make much sense to play Laca and Auba togther when we’re thin on attackers as is.

Laca should drop to the bench

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s enough goals in the team to not try and play them together.

When you have two attackers with their goal records it would great if they could play together, it’s worth a shot IMO because Laca won’t be getting subbed on for Auba anyway.

Play the strongest XI, the notion of squad depth is a joke if we’re starting the likes of Iwobi or Welbeck instead of Laca.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been saying.

I don’t love it, but having Lacazette on the bench does add some quality depth at least.

1 Like

You got your point, but at the same time, you don’t sit a 50m man on the bench (if you sit Auba you are sitting a 60m man).

Now we have the firepower, we need to maximize our scoring abilities, putting all on the field would create enormous amount of pressure to the opponents.

Both are starters, only the likes of Welbeck and Iwobi should be on the bench.

True and I agree it is possible, absolutely. He is moving well, and we are known to rotate a lot so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it now and then, we tend to shove everyone around quite a bit. But I would still guess beforehand that we would do better then with either Auba/Laca up front and three play makers behind.

Either way, to your question on bvb, They played like you suggested, Lewa up front and Auba wide but that was one season, Auba’s first and he scored about 1 in 3 from the side. Then he went up front and soon scored nearly 1/1 over a hundred games since. Either way, I agree it is possible we will play them like that, at least occasionally.

2 Likes