PL Title Race 23/24

Absolute cunts of the highest order.

Let’s hope Forest maintain this great home league record they gave against them tomorrow.

Even a draw :pray:t6:

1 Like

Smith Rowe mentality.

They’ve got easiest schedule of the three but at the same time they’re the worst of the three too and have been riding their luck results wise the past 2 months.

You’d think at some point that would catch up with them.

4 Likes

First potential slip up passed for the scousers then, don’t have much faith in the toffees or Brighton going to Anfield tbh.

Maybe derby day can spark something in Everton the same way it does for united and they scrape a draw.

City have to drop points in these next two games, they’ll be the ones to go on a roll of any of us.

1 Like

Yep.

Btw people are making waaay too much out of their result yestetday.

If it wasn’t for that lucky goal in the last second everyone would be talking about a huge slip and how their title hopes are crumbling.

But they got a gift from Forest and scored and now everyone is banging how they’re destined to win the league. (reminds me a little of that late Welbeck winner against Leicester in 2015/16; or those late wins and comebacks against United and Villa last year).

Nope. No. Not really. Naaahh.

They should still be praying for some of their players to return from injuries asap… They aren’t winning shit with this current available squad.

Everything is possible, but their squad looks by far the weakest out of the top 3 atm - when you look at the current shape. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them falling far behing us and City towards the very end. Actually that seems far more likely than seeing them winning the league (again, not ruling that out too).

Btw, it’s so good to be in the middle of the title race again, at this stage of the season. I could really get used to this :martinelli:

Well, they do play City next. Let’s see how the kids do then :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a screamer by Rashford wow 1-0

Said this before. If City don’t sort their defence out they’ll get humped by Liverpool at Anfield.

This must be one of the very rare times I want United to win, they seem to be playing well.

2 Likes

It also sets up Man City to try and go for the win at Anfield next week. They can demolish Liverpool.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s making too much, the manner of it is annoying af and it should’ve been 2 dropped points for them.

It was a huge goal in the context of the title race, a big challenge for Liverpool in their ‘easy fixture list’ that everyone is banging on about.

Don’t need them to drop many but we need them to have a few wobbles, the fact they haven’t even with big players missing shows how good they are.

1 Like

I agree.
Since Klopp said he’s leaving I’ve thought Liverpool might win the title.
Man City might have the strongest squad but they don’t look as consistent as previous seasons and although Liverpool have got injuries they are winning games despite not playing that well, so this will be the closest title race for several seasons.

My thing is Anfield will be absolutely rocking. It’s Klopp’s last big game at Anfield and it’s against their biggest rivals in his time there.

Kids or not, both the players and the fans will be out for blood. Silly defending like we’ve seen from City recently will get punished.

I do expect expect lots of goals from both sides honestly.

1 Like

This definitely works in City’s favour as well.

If City go for the win, there’s only 1 winner.

It’s certainly better than what they got against Utd and Chelsea(i.e a team camping in their box).

From a neutral point of view, it’s gonna be an exceptional game.

If city lose today and next week, that should be it for them… surely can’t come back from it then

You just had to jinx it. :joy:
And no, it’s never over with City until it’s mathematically over.

1 Like

I think Liverpool has this in the bag after yesterday’s result. Their gung-ho, no-midfield style of play seems to be working each week. Only 2 losses after 27 EPL games — that’s not luck.

And to put it down to luck is to put yourself in the same crowd as everyone who said we were lucky to win all our games last season… and remember, we had a lot of last minute/second winners too.

They shouldn’t be anywhere near the top with the squad they have… but here we are.

At the end of the day, we can only control our own destiny. If we win all our games - we win the league. Simples.

But we have the hardest run in by quite a distance in my view. Though we still need Liverpool to drop points vs. City.

I’m not sure whether I want Liverpool to drop points against City. I have a feeling that City will win most of their remaining matches. Liverpool seem more likely to drop points with injuries plus they are riding their luck silly atm. A draw obviously helps us but I fear City more than Liverpool.

1 Like

Never mind