Arsène Wenger

Barkley looked like someone who had run on the pitch from the crowd in a Chelsea shirt and was just joining in.

Ha. Even Conte had a dig at him

“When there is an injury to one of your best players it is not simple, especially when on the bench the only substitute is Ross Barkley.”

Imagine hearing your manager say that about you, must do a world of good for your confidence

6 Likes

Ouch. That’s got to sting.

What? How was Ross Barkley only substitute?

I think he meant it from a fitness perspective otherwise that’s a frankly outrageous thing to say lol

Finish him Arsene!

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/956539168531861504

William is very underrated and i’d like him here, but Hazard is just what gives Chelsea something more. When he doesn’t perform Chelsea are shit.

3 Likes

Agreed

Also was it me or did Barkley absolutely get the shit kicked out of him the whole game :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think any of these buys are Conte buys

1 Like

It would be interesting to know if Drinkwater and Barkley were players that Conte wanted.
Also, if the rumours about Carroll and Crouch were true, were they players he wanted.

Definitely alot of tension between the board and Conte. Chelsea are declining slightly can’t/unwilling to compete with the Manchester clubs financially. What Hazard decides to do will be interesting.

1 Like

If Hazard doesn’t fall down on that breakaway that game might have been really different. But Wenger used his mental strength to make Hazard trip over his own feet.

I think the issue is he didn’t want Rudiger initially, it was Koulibaly/Bonucci. And now they’re interested in Emerson and did sign Alonso obviously, but his first choice has always been Alex Sandro. Drinkwater is another one who seems to have been signed when they couldn’t secure either Vidal or Nainggolan.

They’re signing players just not the first choice names on the Conte wish list.

Although I believe Dzeko is someone he wants, but signing Emerson from Roma too kills the two birds.

3 Likes

If Hazard doesn’t itch for a move next season, I would highly question his ambition.

Given the mess Real are in, I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t there next season.

Best thing Savage has ever said hah

https://twitter.com/MikeWaltersMGM/status/956954121155858432

1 Like

Not sure where to post this… but he mentions Wenger so here is as good as anywhere…

It’s brilliant

13 Likes

Wenger and Morgan out. I think you get rid of one you get rid of the other.

I don’t understand why Piers Morgan is still famous. I couldn’t name a single person who ever said they liked him. Even his co-presenters clearly can’t stand him.

2 Likes

7 Likes