Arsène Wenger

I’m not complaining at all about the signings.
I just want to find out who is doing them, or who is making Wenger do them, and who ever it is, can they keep on doing it.

Uhh, hi!?

You’re literally saying Auba and Mkhi are just short term fixes.

Like, who the hell else is there for us to buy that would be up for sale and willing to come here at this point in time?!

1 Like

This is what I mean. Don’t know if it is for the better or for the worse, but there is now a huge change in our team.

https://twitter.com/Reunewal/status/958386355524046848

2 Likes

I think it’s fantastic.

It’s clear out we’ve been begging for for years!

If we can sign Ozil to a new contract and then maybe bring in some good additions in the summer, we should be in a good place.

We’re looking dreadfully thin on the bench though.

2 Likes

About time, tbh. We have been calling for it for years.

They’re both nearly thirty and I’ve never known Wenger buy two players at this age before apart from the shambles after selling Cesc and Nasri, where he also went into panic mode.

I’m all for buying them, as they are two of my favourite players, but they weren’t planned and are both panic buys.
But if that’s what it takes Wenger to actually get some business done, then keep doing it.

Mkhi was a shrewd business move and making the best of a shite situation in regards to Sanchez.

We could easily have gotten £30m for him, but what use would that be in the long run?

Auba is a world class striker who became available and we seized the opportunity to sign him in a market notoriously short on top strikers and ridiculously expensive.

Robin Van Persie and Luis Suarez were both the same age as Auba when they left for United and Barcelona, does that make them shit signings?

I don’t think a 28 year old striker is too old or short term. There are no top class/world class 23 year old strikers who are proven and banging in the goals that we could afford or are even for sale.

This age thing in football has gotten absolutely ridiculous. It’s not like on every footballer’s 30th birthday a magical football fairy comes down and takes away all of their footballing ability. Plenty of great footballers played great football well into their thirties.

7 Likes

Maybe we can start using the January transfer window to our advantage. We are an attractive option for many reasons. London, good paying wages, the club is held in high regard, fantastic history, and Wenger (even after he’s done managing we should keep him on as an ambassador).

We could easily poach wantaway stars Like Auba from poorer leagues once they drop out of the CL. And we can also grab a guy like Miki who is not a good fit for United, but still a class player. Ya know the guys not getting much playing time.

1 Like

RVP had one very good season with Man U and then was nearly always injured.
I hope we get a bit more out of Aubameyang and Mkhitayran than that.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
I want these players in, and I’m glad we are going to see them playing for us.

But my point was, that these are very unlike the usual Wenger signings.
Which is why I think either he had someone put a bit of pressure on him to sell some under performing, high paid players and buy some top quality, or he went into panic mode.

Whatever the reason, we have made a very difficult situation go in our favour, which doesn’t often happen, but very little was planned.

I would like to know who was behind all this activity, because we have done more work in a window that Wenger has said he doesn’t like, than we have in the last few seasons.

This is the best window we have had since we have been at the Emirates, so who is responsible for it?

1 Like

Mislintat must get a lot of credit for this window, it beggars belief that some people are seriously downplaying the obvious connection. That’s not to say Big Weng is not the one signing off on the deals, but he’s now getting a big helping hand and being pushed firmly in a different direction by Gazidis and his disciples, that is to say Aubameyang and Mikhtaryan over Malcolm. You don’t really need to be a club insider to assume this, just a knowledge of one man’s MO over the years

2 Likes

I think we’ll still be in for malcom come summer time too. Sure we needes upgrades in the team short term but Sven has targets that he can get a lot easier than before because we’ve got money. I think they want to create BVB on roids in England. Sven is the fucking man!!

They’re about the same age as Cazorla, Arshavin, Arteta and Petit were

1 Like

We can buy and sell whoever we want. As long as he’s here nothing is changing. The only true madness involving this club is that Arsene Wenger continues to be our manager.

12 Likes

Fucking sack him in the summer! We can even buy him Messi and still being shit.

1 Like

2 Likes

Dirty cunt, dirty cunt, dirty cunt!

Take a breath Luca.

Sorry Sham, but i can’t stand the way Wenger is ruining this great club. Worst manager ever. I don’t give a fuck if we won the league unbeaten in 2004. He has completely tarnished his reputation.

2 Likes

Making this club a laughing stock.

1 Like