Arsène Wenger

If he needs a lift the cars running. Still have him out if we lose to Atletico. Well done too the fans staying away as this has forced the boards hand.

Beautiful tribute from Bob Wilson. Talks about not just Arsene the football manager, but the man:

5 Likes

I’m not surprised at all by this because I’ve said for ages he would leave at the end of the season, the only thing I didn’t think would happen is that the club would announce it before the end of the season.

To anyone saying there is going to be uncertainty around the club, just imagine if he would have stayed.
It would be certain nothing would change, including our PL position and transfer dealings.

If the payers have any respect for Wenger whatsoever they’ll play like their lives depend on it against Atletico

Send him off with a bang, it up to them

12 Likes

They did it the right way. It had to be early enough to honor him. Well done to the club. Still class. Merci, Arsene indeed.

2 Likes

Yeah okay, but you have to have some sort of defence tactics from the manager going into games against top opposition like Atletico. Not the players who got him in this position.

Finally! The BBC is very reliable.

Fuck that was emotional. Great tribute.

1 Like

My initial reaction was quite literally the GIF I posted above (deleted it now :stuck_out_tongue: ) “fuckity bye”. Still relieved beyond words that he’s finally stepping down but there’s also a sense of nostalgia there now. :joy:

He’s cemented his name in the history of Arsenal Football Club, English football and world football with his 22 year stint at the helm of our beloved club and perhaps rightfully he’ll be remembered for the greatness of his first half in charge. Relief and gratitude.

Merci, Arsene.

The words coming from Wenger’s mouth are also reliable :grin:

Arsenal.com is more so I reckon. :wink:

Loads of sentiment coming his way from everyone in the press. Personally just dont feel it anymore. Honestly cant wait for him to go. Just not sure how far back he has set us now.

So heartbreaking listening to Bob Wilson talk about Arsene, and the impact he had on him.

4 Likes

The Arsene Wenger now pls. That’s the new name of our stadium imo

Get on it board. Sounds awesome. Is apt

3 Likes

Sorry, i am at work so just read this. I am actually a bit sad, tbh.

1 Like

Any mention of him hanging round in the boardroom.

Nope. Will probably get more details of that at the news conference later (5pm).

Interesting how none of the ITK’s called the announcement this morning.

7 Likes

It’s almost as if they talk out of their ass all the time.

8 Likes

Okay will leave the beer in the fridge then. Thank you.