Kieran Gibbs

Tell him to shut up. There was enough time to switch over and see the important part after our game had ended anyway.

1 Like

Yeah I remember watching the Arsenal match but also seeing the Agerreooooo moment. Maybe I had two screens? Though I also remember the Man City match finishing late, certainly later than the United match anyway.

I didn’t watch the arsenal match as I was hungover as fuck as it was my 20th birthday night out the previous day haha and cba looking for a stream. So I watched City on my tv instead. Glad I did as it is the biggest moment in PL history :joy:

Yeah was such an unexpected moment as well. Well I mean, obviously we knew one of the Manchester clubs had to win the league, but in the very last minute like that? I remember re watching it because I wasn’t sure what I had seen, lol

1 Like

It was extraordinary city made such hard work of it if I’m being honest, 10 man QPR at home.

Let’s just clear this up in case someone wants to compare this too 89.
It did finish late. So late in fact as city went 3 2 up QPR players knew they were safe from relegation and mentally relaxed. If you watch the goal that Aguero scores there’s no despondency in the QPR players as you’d expect of a team about to be relegated.

5 Likes

and Phil Jones was celebrating winning the league

1 Like

I don’t know if I imagined it or am misremembering but didn’t Joey Barton essentially give up and just start walking about cos he knew they were safe

Exactly, there is no comparison.
To wait until the end of the game to beat QPR means that Man City failed for most of the game.
It was an embarrassing way to scrape winning the PL title against a relegation team.

Arsenal beat Liverpool who were the best team in Europe and who hadn’t lost by two clear goals at home for several seasons.
That was the greatest title win in football at the top level.

6 Likes

Off topic but saw the on this day today article yesterday, where Gibbs got sent off for an Ox handball :joy::rofl:

Another game which was meant to be a memorable milestone (Wengers 1000th) and we ended up getting thrashed like 6-0. Remember Salah scoring for Chelsea as well.

I swear the more you think back to the 2010-18 period the more it makes you dislike everything to do with the club. Garbage fucking players and Power crazed manager.

10 Likes

He got sent off then got sent off again for twatting Aguero :joy:

1 Like

You’ve done it wrong mate. You’re meant to say you hope The Ox will have a great time in Florida.

3 Likes

No comparison at all, just recency bias.
City match was more of an embarrassment for a champion.

2 Likes

Beckham slowly putting together a MLS roster that’s good enough to miss the playoffs. :laca2:

5 Likes

Just realised he’ll be playing alongside Shawcross :laca:

2 Likes

Sounds like Becks is trying to recreate Tony Pulis FC.

2 Likes

Flailing doesn’t even begin to come close. This is one of the worst rosters you could build. Bringing in guys with mediocre pedigree like Shawcross and Gibbs, the former who gave an interview saying he was going to retire before getting the Miami offer is just laughable. Throw in the fact they’re being investigated for breaching roster rules around signing Matuidi and appointing a wildly unqualified coach who is buddies with Beckham and the whole project looks like a dumpster fire…which actually fits right in with Florida.

3 Likes

Yeah the period we sustained some awful defeats, but we still played the best football in the league and as a fan I was entertained and enjoyed watching us for the most part.

If you look at the period between 2018 2021

We have spent ALOT of money in comparison our football has been god awful, we are almost a Mid table team. We sacked off loads of people during a pandemic but gave some old twats fat contracts. We have lost all our class and identity but I guess atleast we won the funniest FA cup win I’ve ever been apart of.

Over paid garbage players and a power crazed manager suits this new era of Arsenal way more.

I don’t think Gibbs has mediocre pedigree at all man. That guy had all the tools to be a reliable left back his body didn’t back him and in the end he never progressed the way he probably would have had he worked under a more defensively sound coach.

Gibbs has always just been a solid player. If he takes his current level over to the USA it’s a good and reliable signing.

2 Likes

I think @shamrockgooner our game v West Brom turned from blue (playing) to red (full time) on Soccer Saturday just at the point Merse and Stelling started screaming. I can remember switching quickly over to SS1 and Aguero was wheeling away in celebration.