Unai Emery

Unai be, Unai be, Unai be a Gooner

1 Like

He’s never beaten Pep or José – in 15 attempts.

10 Losses
5 Draws

1 Like

Oh great :arteta:

Those were all with Valencia and Sevilla against Barca and Real obviously

https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/status/999062331522011136

2 Likes

Yeah now it’ll just be a Valencia/Sevilla level Arsenal squad going up against a £1billion Barcelona level Man City squad.

Hope he’s learnt from his previous experiences and doesn’t make the same mistakes.

The whole point in a new manager was partially getting one who could actually beat the top 4 teams in the Premier League which have struggled with for 10 years now.

Isn’t Carcedo the guy who is always screaming on the touchline?

Wow so many signings at once :smiley:

1 Like

Stop stop i can only take so much :giroud3:

Won’t do much good when he doesn’t speak English.

I was going to but I couldn’t think of a line to top yours.

You must have been quick because I deleted after a few seconds.
What’s your name, Jesse James, the fastest draw on OA? :grinning:

1 Like

He speaks enough to do his job, clearly.

:giroud2:

9 Likes

Why are people finding this appointment underwhelming?

A relatively young guy (in managerial terms) with a history of winning trophies at the last two clubs he’s been at. Plays aggressive, structured football and has been widely praised by those who have actually dealt with him closely - Guardiola to name one.

I’m pretty excited to be honest and agree that our first priority is stability, but other than Allegri this is (with hindsight) the best option available for me. I see no reason we can’t be very competitive next season with some astute signings and no key losses (Ramsey.)

Looking forward to pre-season!

9 Likes

If it works out, i’m looking forward to kids in years to come saying, “I thought the Emirates was named after Emery”

4 Likes

I don’t know that I’m underwhelmed, but I’m not overwhelmed. But at this point, I think my lack of complete excitement is more to do with the numbing effect of the recent years with Wenger, which really kicked in after winning the FA Cup as I first got so excited that we’d push on only to lose out to LCFC.

3 Likes

Beautiful choice then, really fits in with the Arsenal values and ideals.

1 Like

Dah. The Unaited Arab Emerytes are named after Emery obviously.

1 Like

:unai:

10 Likes