Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

well well well

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/987403486898814977

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/987404151805169664

ffs lol

We have to get a manager that is back up by the majority of fans, can’t have disunity and infighting again ffs

It does say that if Messi ever decides to come PL, he’ll come here lolololololol

So probably obvious bullshit

Although:

https://twitter.com/HandofHenry/status/987407939924385792

No way has a decision been made already lool

1 Like

Daily Mail though? They aren’t even trying.

on another point, what with a lot of our legends being black, you think Arsenal will be the first big big club in england to appoint a black manager? If Vieira/Henry get the role at some point

EDIT: Ornstein weighs in:

Arsenal have been linked to the former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel, who has admirers at the club. But any move might have been complicated by the fact he fell out with Mislintat when they were together in Germany.

That will likely be irrelevant, though, as it is my understanding he is going to take charge of Paris St-Germain.

Big-name options such as Max Allegri, from Juventus, and former AC Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti have been mentioned but a younger coach - one who is more willing to slot into the club’s revamped structure - might be more appealing.

That is why former captain Mikel Arteta - an assistant to Pep Guardiola at Manchester City and said to be admired by Gazidis - and another former skipper Patrick Vieira - who is at New York City - have been linked, although both lack elite-level management experience. Likewise, club record goalscorer Thierry Henry, who is currently Belgium assistant coach.

The backgrounds of Sanllehi and Mislintat have seen suggestions that Luis Enrique - who Sanllehi worked with at Barcelona - and Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann - who Mislintat knows from Germany - could also be candidates.

But Arsenal will not seek simply to make a quick appointment.

Until extremely recently, even some of the most powerful people at the club did not know this was coming. Indeed, there remained a feeling he may see out his contract.

However, I have heard suggestions that a five-strong shortlist was drawn up to present to Kroenke in the event of Wenger leaving.

2 Likes

He is so desperate to join us lol!

Ornstein blatantly having to write a piece while not being given any insight from AFC

In a pub league.

1 Like

Love it hahahaha

3 Likes

Ancelottie would be a good choice to bring instant success with the players available but the team needs a rebuild so would rather have someone younger who is more likely to stick around for a couple off season.

I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like Howe or Dyce being given a opportunity to manage us they have proven prem expericens and built teams on a budget.

I don’t want viera, arterta, Henry tho might be popular with the fans and would get the place excited they haven’t got enough experience and wouldn’t properly the club forward.

When do you think the new manager? With the World Cup and a limited transfer window to get players in they are going to have to move fast.

I had a conversation with one of my mates this morning, who is a West Ham supporter, and he was saying that he didn’t want Moyes but wouldn’t say no to Rodgers, and I agreed, saying he would be good for West Ham or maybe even Everton, but now he is favourite to be the next Arsenal manager.

Who would have thought that?

1 Like

Howe is a train wreck waiting to happen, Bournemouth are terrible.

I like Dyche and he’s doing an amazing job at Burnley but he perhaps needs to step up to a bigger club before landing a top job, it will be very interesting to see where it ends up next and what he achieves.

Ancelotti is uninspiring and safe in the worst way, the players would have it just as easy as they had it under Wenger and that’s saying something.

1 Like

Diego #1
TT #2
LJ #3

distance

Allegri #4

distance

Ancellotti #5

great chasm

The rest - I would love Titi or Bergy just b/c I still love them, but no way. Bergy later, but he isn’t ready for this job.

Chelsea had Gullit in the 90s, so did Newcastle when they were sort of a big club.

IMO there is definitely racism with the lack of black coaches making it into management though

Henry for me isn’t management material, I don’t think he’s a good pundit. Vieira I don’t know much about. I actually thought John Barnes should have had more chances in management. Very knowledgable guy.

I’m not disagreeing with you (yet) but on what basis do you say this?

I feel like neither of those cases would be on this level.

We are bigger than Newcastle were and Chelsea pre-Abramovich but I guess Gullitt is the first, fair play I had forgotten about him.

The only reason why it shouldn’t be Jardim is that he doesn’t want to leave Monaco or Monaco don’t want to lose him.

@will24 :neutral_face:

Oh yeah, my West Ham fan friends would love Rodgers. I made sure to ask them that. They just think it’s funny for a team with Champions League aspirations to have him as a target.

Also, my ex (maybe future) boyfriend is in same group, and he is from Newcastle. He said Arsenal “can fuck off” if they want Benitez. As if Newcastle will have a choice.

But it made me think. As an Arsenal fan, why am I debating if I want Rodgers or Benitez :see_no_evil:

1 Like

More to the point, why you debating getting back with your ex? Girl he ain’t no good, he ain’t never gonna change.

2 Likes

How do you know he isn’t no good? Have you been with him? I always had you that way…