Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

I’m not discarding him. The Hero comment was just my attempt at a (bad) joke. I was really just pointing out his back story to people wondering why some are against him. You’re right, in that some people do have a selective memory though. Every manager will have a blot on his CV somewhere, unless we appoint a young one who hasn’t had a chance to make a mistake yet.

He’s not my first choice, but neither would I be unhappy about his appointment. Good dress sense too :grin:

Just out of interest, did anyone follow Celta much when he was there? How was he? Did the fans like him?

That’s a good point. Feel like some managers will usually do shit at the beginning of their careers and will need time to learn.

Pep was an exception

I have absolutely no knowledge of what he did for Roma but weren’t Celta like relegation fodder when he got that job? Or just promoted or something.

Yes, they were promoted to LaLiga 2 years before him, then barely escaped relegation. Under him they were where they usually are, midtable.

No chatter on Hassenhuttl then? or has he ruled himself out or slipped out of the running

https://twitter.com/GoonerGordo2/status/988083457371799553

https://twitter.com/Ozilaccuracy/status/988084490286387200

Relegation fodder, but his successor finished higher than him for several seasons.

He was dreadful at Roma.

no thanks

1 Like

If we replace Wenger with Vieira I’ll be beyond livid.

8 Likes

Vieira or Rodgers would be totally stupid. I’d rather we stuck with Wenger

5 Likes

If Vieira get the job Gazidis is 100% behind that decision and should be accountable for his performance as manager.

3 Likes

I’m fully on board the Vieira hype train :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’d guess from that that they’re not that serious about the post-Wenger era. :upside_down_face:

EDIT:

@Leper

2 Likes

I can get behind anything but Arteta. Id be worried by Vieira .

3 Likes

If we’re going with young and inexperienced it has to be Arteta ahead of Vieira.

He’s been the assistant manager to one of the best managers ever and just won the premier league in convincing fashion.

If it has to go that way, I vote Arteta but I’d prefer he gets another 2 seasons at City before taking over here. Pep was manager of Barca B before he took over Barca so I guess it could make sense in that way.

1 Like

Why would we risk the romantic appointment (Artetaaaaaa! & Paddy) when there are managers out there like Enrique and Ancelotti. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I do preface this with the fact that a lot of ITKs on twitter are saying Enrique links are a smokescreen and Arsenal actually want Allegri.

Allegri has a meeting with Juve tomorrow apparently where he tells them he wants to go.

Also CAMDEN got Loew wrong so reliability has taken a hit.

Is this sarcastic lol, thought you didn’t want those 2

1 Like

“to appease the fans” this has been a ongoing theme of Ivan’s management strategy and it’s been ramping up recently. The appointment of Jens and Mert to important roles despite little coaching experience speaks to this

2 Likes

Meh they aren’t no.1 picks but Thomas has gone so I’m having to choose differently. Luis and Carlo are at least experienced managers in European football.

IF the Allegri stuff is legit, 100% behind that possible appointment.

4 Likes