Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

https://twitter.com/goal/status/988304428997345281

“I have no comment to make. I only want to talk about the game”

I’m surprised about that, given his team got pummelled 3-0.

Arsene WeGner lol.

1 Like

What I took from that clip was that Vieira just wanted to talk about the game - nothing else.

3 Likes

Like I said before; Enrique wouldn’t be the first manager to do great at Barcelona and than fail/meet the lowest expectations everywhere else (Rijkaard). He would not be a gamble in the Arteta/Vieira mold, but still a gamble.

4 Likes

Now that we have lost a fair bit of standing over the last few seasons, think the next manager is only going to get us back in the top 3 at best.
Probably the one after him before a title challenge comes imo. Id just like to see our stock in europe rise.

Slightly controversial but my first choice would be Benitez. He knows the premiership, he is proven at Liverpool and Valencia. Knows how to deal with big name players and would get the team more balanced.

I don’t think it’d be right hiring a manager who last won a league title when Wenger did and has managed Inter, Real, Liverpool and Napoli at that time. Not to mention an interim run at Chelsea.

I just can’t see the sense in it personally

6 Likes

I place emphasis on managerial methods rather than league titles. Tuchel is my number one option but he only has one cup to his name. I want him because his methods would be effective here.

Same applies to many aspects of Rafa’s management style if you were looking to go down the pragmatic/defensive manager route. It makes a decent amount of sense when you consider his experience and personality.

Although I now think it’s highly unlikely the board will go for Rafa. He’s a safer bet than alot of the candidates being mentioned

1 Like

I know @sevchenko is a massive supporter do the idea but if I’m honest mate it’s just such an uninspiring choice and I don’t think he commands that respect anymore. He was a running joke at Real, a disappointment at Napoli and a complete mess as Inter.

He’ll organise the team and get us playing more compact football but I question his ability to take us forward.

And I think after years of us just being stable (Top 4 finished and regular CL appearances) we sort of need to be competing again and I don’t think he does that for us at this stage in his career.

6 Likes

Those are valid concerns imo

2 Likes

But I do absolutely agree he’s a stellar manager in terms of his ability to organise a team and he’s tactically intelligent. Just not the right guy to take us forward in my ehes

We should be all over Sarri. He would be bring Jorginho in, exactly what we need in the middle.

2 Likes

Tough choice and i find it hard to choose between 2

Simeone and Allegri would both be great choices. Find it hard to believe the owner/board will go for either though

I think they will go for Vieira for some reason

1 Like

At the beginning of this season Simeone extended his contract until 2020, after having shortened it, I don’t think he’ll leave the next summer…

Contracts are there to be broken :wink:

I’d be surprised if we did get him but i can hope

That’s true but while he didn’t win the league, he did win trophies at all those clubs. Which is something to be commended on.

I’d put Conte there as well, but any of them would be good options, although I still think it could be Ancelotti.

I really hope it won’t be Vieira or Arteta.
If it is, all it will prove is the board really are as unambitious as we think they are.

Pretty amazing some of the pronunciation I’ve heard watching football here in the U.S. the past couple weeks, when I lived here they would at least use british commentators for the football but they seem to be going full Trump and man, watching City-Liverpool with american commentators was painful…will be hard to forget Ma-teyo La-hose

Doesn’t this kinda contradict what you were saying about Naggelsman above?

Two seasons at one club simply isn’t an accurate method of evaluating how effective his management is.

He’d have to move up a level and have consistency in achieving top level performances for me to even consider him for the Arsenal job.

Like I said he’s promising manager but nowhere near qualified for one of the biggest jobs in Football

Don’t like his style of play, but Simeone would be a better choice than Allegri.