Arsène Wenger

There will be Arsenal fans who will hate every manager we have and envy the opposition. No matter how well we do.

The Emirates stadium is a curse. The business model we run on is a curse. But unfortunately we needed the revenue to compete against clubs like Man U. Highbury definitely had a better atmosphere and cheered our team on.

Don’t think you can build a cheap team and instill strength in them. Leicester was a special case. Possible again but rare.

Can’t see how we can compete with a new manager unless we spend big on talented, strong and mentally capable players. That’s a whole team by the way. Can we really spend hundreds of millions like the Manchester teams every season?

Very sad day, we had a great man leading us that I will miss. He literally did put the Arsene Arsenal and the seperation of the 2 I’ll struggle with on a personal level. My loyalty was always to Wenger who brought us so many great memories. I’m sad he never got to win the PL again or CL.

He’d lost the dressing room at the end though and the players had clearly stopped playing for him. The whole team needs a shake up. Whoever takes the job Arsenal won’t be quite the same for me.

I’d like to see him get another big job if he wants one. He’d obviously would prefer a club job for it’s day to day involvement but the France job is an obvious one.

3 Likes

Interesting, since he is likely the one responsible for it being there in the first place.

I’m glad to see the club making a change. Also glad that the responses save the usual suspects have been respectful.

Here’s to Arsenal finishing the season strongly and to the new manager having success.

5 Likes

Our last two games of the season (three if you count the EL final – WHICH WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE IN) are away from home. That’s a bit of a shame. Huddersfield fans will have to help us out with the celebrations :smile:

That game will more than likely be a dead rubber, but it’s bound to be selected for TV now

I know, but i will never forget what he has done for us. He is our best manager ever.

2 Likes

Thank you, Arsene.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AbouVDIABY/status/987360718226935809

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

CHILLS

1 Like
3 Likes

Say what you want about his management of Arsenal over the last few years, but he was a great man.

As well as all he did for football when he arrived in England and what he did for Arsenal as a club, there are so many stories about how he helped people, and not just in footballing matters. Bob Wilson gave a nice tribute, saying how Wenger helped him cope with the loss of his daughter. And there are hundred of similar stories.

3 Likes

Wenger was the reason I became an Arsenal fan and he gave me alot of memories to cherish. Even though it’s gotten sour these past few years, he’s an absolute LEGEND at this club and the best manager this club has had. He deserves a proper send off. I got no doubt his statue will be at the Emirates soon; afterall he built it with his hands right?

Where I come from, we don’t say goodbye, we say " See you when I see you" and throw up the deuces. So Mr Wenger, I’ll see you when I see you, peace.

3 Likes

Glad I got to see him live at the Emirates in his last season now. Good luck to him in the future.

3 Likes

Bonne chance M. Wenger, wherever your road takes you. Thank you for all the great years you’ve given us. An Arsenal great.

I’m going to miss him so much, regardless of any of his faults, I really hope we can top it off with a european trophy, I’ll be fucking ecstatic if we won the Europa.

Time is good too, now it’s time for this board to start running this football club, all eyes will be on them and they already had a rough start (E.G Handing Arsene a contract) we’re going to really see what they’re all about.

As I tip my hat to you Arsene, your service to this football club will be greatly appreciated (Especially the Emirates years) and never forgotten.

6 Likes

Gary Neville still has to turn the news of Wenger’s departure into something about Man United.

Total fckin bellend. Get him off the telly

I hope we win the EL and he can get himself a decent job on the back of it.

As much as I wanted him gone because his time was up here, I’d really love to know if he still “has it” and can do something positive for another club.

4 Likes

He could have literally any job in football regardless of whether we win or lose lol

Fair play to the Board then.

You actually believe that?

1 Like

Maybe ten years ago.

3 Likes