Arsène Wenger

I agree, how long would you have to go on with the guy. Things are really bad this season but wenger with his BS of never leaving a contract early would be here next season. Where do you think we would end up next season if he stays? Worse still after that he would probably want time to put things right. It was getting to the stage that fans were fighting we were getting only 20-30k in actual attendance do you want the board to sit there and watch support dwindle and the teams morale go to shit with not just playing under wenger and his ineptness but seeing the crowds dwindle to nothing IE no one wants to watch you play…yeah great idea to consider letting it go like that.

2 Likes

A man who kept on repeating any chance he could get that he never breaks contracts, a man who had two chances to go out with his head held high but stayed on, a man who constantly tells us fans that without him we’d be nothing. A man who went above the board to the owner to save his job. Oh and a man who blames everyone else but himself for his failures.

Press and the board want us to believe Wenger stepped down for the best of Arsenal. Can pull another one, that arrogant and stubborn man was pushed. He still can’t go out looking like a hero to his follower’s. Still blaming everyone else and taking pot shots. This is what happens when you give power to a man who hasn’t a life outside his job. Any other club will hopefully learn their lesson too.

1 Like

What other club in Europe would give a manager so much time and so many chances to get things right, even though every season he was repeating the same mistakes and dragging us down?

He had so much power at the club that he thought he was beyond criticism from anyone, and now he has been pushed out he still can’t believe it.
The way he is acting verges on narcissism,

4 Likes

He should have been sacked years ago.

Who gives a fuck about loyalty. If your shit at your job you get sacked.

5 Likes

In recent seasons, when things have gone wrong, he has been blaming everyone but himself, including the supporters.
What are supporters supposed to think when he does things like only buying a GK, and no one else, when it was clear we were desperate for top quality players.

What would you have said if he had several years left on his contract?
Please stay until you want to leave, despite dragging us down every season.

At no other club would he have been given the amount of time he has had here.

1 Like

It was? I guess I missed it but I just saw Trion being Trion and having a bit of an emotional breakdown post Wenger.

He got the best he could hope for, which was the chance to pretend it was his idea, save face, have his name sung again and have the send off he deserves.

If he doesn’t want that then it’s tough shit.

4 Likes

I have a lot of sympathy for the man, and how it all ultimately came to an end. He shouldn’t have even been offered this new contract, and arguably the one before this one too.

I reserve most of my anger for the board and Kroenke. They are the ones who have allowed this situation to go on for so long, and for me carry most of the blame.

5 Likes

Note Ornstein had a report about Wenger stating he was willing to go last season but the board didn’t have anyone in place to take over.

1 Like

Sympathy is a strange word. He manipulated a weak board into submission for years.

Oh the poor board!

2 Likes

This is key for me. The board gave him the contract because they didn’t have a structure in place e to replace him. Now we have a better structure they got rid of him at that first opportunity.

The board absolutely have to be take a portion of the blame in my eyes.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/989211034551496705

Tbf I feel Ornstein is fed a certain line regarding these things.

He may be reliable re transfers but in terms of internal club politics not everything he said that year made sense.

For example, he said we still had fuck all money to spend despite a £90 million bid for Lemar on deadline day and we also had no room in our wage structure for any defensive signings or whatever despite a ludicrous £180,000 a week offer for Chamberlain.

4 Likes

Me too. But fuck the rest of your post. He had to go and I don’t care about how it was done at this stage.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/989217527405432833?s=19

1 Like

Wenger being so kind. We will miss a true gentleman.

2 Likes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/25/arsene-wenger-want-manage-another-top-european-club/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A great read on Wenger’s press conference. Clears up a lot of the bullshit Ian Wright (what a surprise) among other tabloid hacks were spouting.

God I will definitely miss Wenger the man. What a guy :santi:

1 Like

^

Although Petr Cech is fit, Wenger is expected to make the surprise selection of continuing with David Ospina as his Europa League goalkeeper

Big call from Arsene

2 Likes

“I am convinced with two or three additions this team has the quality to fight for the championship. You will not be short of candidates. Green outside, nice trees, good grass. Fantastic. No pollution. Until the press conference starts.”

^ Now that is the Arsene Wenger I’ve always loved, the jokester in the press conferences/interviews. :rofl:

Even in the worst of times I loved it when he got cheeky. :slight_smile:

6 Likes