Unai Emery

“Because of the unknown”? I thought we would have gone for experience after Wenga :roll_eyes:

I don’t think Arteta’s wage would have been much lower than Emery’s, and the Spaniard is a much better known quantity. (even if Arteta has no experience, you can’t pay him pennies, him getting lesser wage than most senior players would harm his authority over them).

Just because he did badly in the champions league for two seasons doesn’t mean anything. There’s a lot of luck/external factors in play. It doesn’t mean fuck all about his tactical ability.

And at the end of the day, the players are a much more important factor in the success of the club than the manager. If we do great business in the transfer window, I fancy us finishing in the top 3.

1 Like

Announce Emery then announce madness part 2

1 Like

Needs to be a hell of a madness for me to trust Gazidis again.

No bloody Sokratis, and bringing back Dortmund 15-16.

For once, please look like there is a coherent plan to everything.

If we want to compete with Emery we’ll need Messi and Mbappé at the very least. He’s already proven Neymar and Mbappé isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Kindly do what you said, fuck off from this forum as this club is clearly not good enough for you to be a supporter of, you boring self righteous prick.

6 Likes

Ain’t that the fecking truth.

Everybody gets their predictions horribly wrong at so many points in this sport. Don’t care who you are this applies.

Emery has something to prove and so do Arsenal. End of the day all the people showing their disinterest now will still be watching come the start of the season.

4 Likes

One thing we know for sure is that he won Sevilla the Europa League 3 times in a row, if he can do it once with Arsenal, I will already be super satisfied with his appointment.

We also know that Arsène fucking Wenger can still do it once with Arsenal in a normal year where Atléti doesn’t fall into EL.

Except that situation has only occurred once, and he didn’t win it. So no, in all honesty we don’t know that.

3 Likes

What a nonsense.

You can only beat what is in front of you.

Wenger has shown he couldn’t win any European trophy in 22 years.

2 Likes

I’m not clutching at straws just stating a fact, which it is

Happy pedantyboy?

So if he’s won the EL 3 times in a row, how many times does that mean he’s been dumped out of the CL group stages with Sevilla?

Well no, Wenger couldn’t beat Galatasaray in the final.

1 Like

One time I reckon. Going to the CL as EL-winners is still pretty new.

1 Like

Even Unai ‘not Mikel Arteta’ Emery can win the Champions League if Barcelona and Real Madrid don’t fall into it.

1 Like

Not once, they didn’t qualify for CL.

1 Like

Lol, you couldn’t have thought of a more un-analogous example :joy:

I’m positive they dropped from the Champions League in the last win.